Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Using a Palm Pre as a pda and wifi device
srmarguerite

Hello! I was recently given a Palm Pre that had been under a Verizon wireless contract. I would like to use this as a pda and would be able to connect to the interest through the wireless network that we have in our home. Even though I have been able to change the user  name and password on the HP WebOs

web site, I cannot setup the Palm Pre. Is there anyway that I could access a Verizon wireless network just for the purpose of setting up the Pre?

Thank you very much,

Sr. Marguerite

0 Likes
Re: Using a Palm Pre as a pda and wifi device
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello srmarguerite-
The Palm Pre is an exciting device. It may be possible to establish service on our network for a limited time to activate properly and pay for the services while active. However if disconnected, we cannot guarantee for WebOS system will still serve its full purpose for you. Perhaps you'll see the benefit of our network for times when you need a smart phone outside your home. I recommend reaching out to our telesales team for assistance with options. You can reach them at 800-256-4646 Monday - Friday; 8AM-11PM. Keep us posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
srmarguerite

Thank you for your response. By some miracle-not  because of my technical skills-I was able to get the Pre working.

Thanks again,

Sr. Marguerite

-- Sent from my Palm PreOn Dec 10, 2012 4:38 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <community@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in HP Palm - View the full discussion

Hello srmarguerite-

The Palm Pre is an exciting device. It may be possible to establish service on our network for a limited time to activate properly and pay for the services while active. However if disconnected, we cannot guarantee for WebOS system will still serve its full purpose for you. Perhaps you'll see the benefit of our network for times when you need a smart phone outside your home. I recommend reaching out to our telesales team for assistance with options. You can reach them at 800-256-4646 Monday - Friday; 8AM-11PM. Keep us posted!

Thanks,

AdamE_VZW

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in HP Palm by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

0 Likes
srmarguerite

Thank you very much for your response. By some miracle-not because of my technical skill-I was able to reset the Pre.

Thanks again,

Sr. Marguerite

-- Sent from my Palm PreOn Dec 10, 2012 4:38 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <community@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in HP Palm - View the full discussion

Hello srmarguerite-

Thanks,

AdamE_VZW

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in HP Palm by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

0 Likes
srmarguerite

Thank you for your response. By some miracle, (and not my technical skills!)

I was able to restart the device and have been able to pick up our in house

internet connection.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

Sr. Marguerite

0 Likes