Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Finally Releases webOS 2.1 to Pre 2 users!
kevallrod

Today Verizon finally relesed webOS 2.1 to Pre 2 users, you can access the update by OTA or access the menu by typing system and select "system updates!"

If you can't access the update be patient! Enjoy all the new features of webOS 2.1.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Verizon Finally Releases webOS 2.1 to Pre 2 users!
Not applicable

Thank you for your inquiry. At this time the 2.1 software update is not available for this device. The software is still being tested, and we do not have an exact date at this time. When we do have the software update available, you will be able to find information here along with instructions on how to complete the update: http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5570&m=

View solution in original post

0 Likes
j_benj

Can someone at VZ actually confirm this?  We have a lot of people who are hanging around the Precentral and Webosroundup forums constantly refreshing their system updates and NO ONE has gotten this update except for one person.  The @VZWSupport twitter account claims that there is no update available right now, and VZ's support page makes no mention of it.

Please advise.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you for your inquiry. At this time the 2.1 software update is not available for this device. The software is still being tested, and we do not have an exact date at this time. When we do have the software update available, you will be able to find information here along with instructions on how to complete the update: http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5570&m=

0 Likes
fjherbert

I wonder if VZW realizes how frustrating it is that a system update exists, that it fixes known bugs -- like, say, the minor issue of being unable to read emails received on the device -- and yet VZW refuses, inexplicably, to make the update available to its  customers? As the manager of our business account, I'm obliged to evaluate not only the products VZW provides us, but their customer service as well. I won't ask you to wait until some unspecified date in the future to learn how I feel about the situation: it sucks.

0 Likes

VZ:  How about, instead of us all having to spend time monitoring your site, you text each of us (surely you know who we are) and let us know that it's ready.  That would be great service.

0 Likes

p.s. -- I don't know who got to decide that this question was 'solved', but for us Pre2 users --> it's not solved. 

0 Likes
irwinr

This issue is *not* solved.

WebOS 2.1 was released 4 and a half months ago, and Verizon *still* doesn't have it.  There are important features that were introduced in 2.1 as well as critical *security* fixes.

It's important to keep these phones up to date!

-Jeremy

0 Likes
rfpickle

I agree with others in this thread.  Issue is not solved IMO.

It would be helpful if Verizon would provide an ETA.

I need 2.1 OS to use a patch to ameliorate the bad default behavior of sounds for text messaging.

0 Likes
etphoto
I just don't understand the issue Verizon has with Palm updates. The same thing happened with the Palm Plus. Are the loyal Palm users dirt in the eyes of Verizon?

ET
0 Likes
xboxbml

This is not "solved"! I've been checking my Software Updates on my HP Pre 2 for over a month now, and keeps saying I'm up to date with 2.0.1, when I know for a fact that 2.1 has been out for some time, AND you can get a new Pre 2 off the website with 2.1 on it! What is the deal? How patient do we have to be? I called VZW customer service this morning and the person I spoke with said my phone is showing the latest up to date software that is available.....I don't think so....Who do I have to call to get my phone updated?

0 Likes