Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Video
anmldr

What type of videos can be viewed by loading via USB on the Palm Pre Plus?  I also took a couple of videos on the phone and when I am connected via USB, I don't know where to find those videos so that I can delete them. Where are they on the phone?

TIA,

Linda

0 Likes
Re: Video
oldgeekster
Novice

Hi Linda,

I keep seeing your question just "setting there" - so thought I would at least try to give you a "hint".

A resource for "getting started" finding info related to your questions can be found in THIS THREAD over on the Palm support forums. Generally the Palm Pre (series) likes the ".mp4" format for videos, including the one that came with your phone. Deptending upon your computer's operating system, there are several "free" programs available that will convert/reformat your video's to mp4 and size them to properly view on your phone - but its a rather nebulous topic for me to try to pursue.

Another good resource for more detailed information is the forums over on www.precentral.net - just keep in mind that you are using a Verizon phone currently with WebOS 1.4.1.1 - older stuff may or may not apply to what is current.

Regarding not being able to find stuff via USB, you might want to enable "show hidden files and folders" on your file explorer program - just be doggone careful of what you choose to "delete".  I created a folder named "videos" on my phone, packed the stuff in there and the Pre had no problems "finding" them. (Same for my "music" folder I then packed with sub-folders of music in MP3 format).

Know this is far from a real answer, but hope this helps get you on the path of discovery!

-=dave=-

Edited: I'm assuming you already know you can use the "Videos" app to play back what is on your "Video roll" captured with your camera - edit them for start/finish - and by poking the little icon in the upper right corner "share" them via eMail, youtube upload, etc?  Videos captured with your phone are stored in:

/media/internal/DCIM/100PALM

The file names look like "CIMG0001.mp4".. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Novice

anmldr wrote:

What type of videos can be viewed by loading via USB on the Palm Pre Plus?  I also took a couple of videos on the phone and when I am connected via USB, I don't know where to find those videos so that I can delete them. Where are they on the phone?

TIA,

Linda

Recorded Video and Camera pictures are stored in DCIM/100PALM/ and Any MP4 video file is a good to go on the Pre, They play fine.

0 Likes
anmldr

Thank you for responding....especially the .mp4 hint.

Linda

0 Likes