Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WebOS 2.1.2 for Pre2 released on other carriers months ago, but not Verizon.
lsacks

Bugs were fixed and features added in 2.1.2 on other Carriers several months ago. It appears even newer ones are being tested. Verizon needs to support us by releasing current updates, or clearly state the status of their support.

0 Likes
Re: WebOS 2.1.2 for Pre2 released on other carriers months ago, but not Verizon.
ratbat

Don't you mean the webos 2.2.4 update? And yes, that update was released on other carriers last December! And there's rumblings that HP may be releasing 2.2.5 soon (before open source officially comes into being)! Come on Verizon!!

0 Likes
Re: WebOS 2.1.2 for Pre2 released on other carriers months ago, but not Verizon.
Far2Gone

I really wish Verizon would get on the ball with the 2.2.4 update.  It's bad when all the lesser cell carriers have the update and the mighty Verizon doesn't.  I don't intend to switch out my Pre2 for a crappy Droid or IPhone, won't mind a Pre3 if only they had made it to the US. 

Ever since my phone pulled 2.1 my phone has become a pain.  The accounts don't like to stay connected or don't communicate at all.  Even the work around don't always stay connected. The map update works after install but then hangs and just starts a never ending loop of telling me to reinstall it, but says that it's already installed and won't let me reinstall, unless I wipe the phone.  Yep, been there, done that! 

I have read on many other boards that the 2.2.4 update cures all that ails the Pre2 under the 2.1 batch.

Come on Verizon, show us that your still the top cell carrier and get us 2.2.4.  HP has committed to continured support for webOS, have you given up on it already??

smilidon

Any update on this? Were not going away....

0 Likes