Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
When will Verizon allow WebOs 2.1 update happen???
vverrico

On March 7th 2011 HP Palm released WebOS 2.1.0 for Palm Pre 2.   They said it was up to Verizon to allow the update to happen on my Phone.  

VERIZON Can you tell me when you will ALLOW my 2.1.0 Update to happen on my Palm Pre 2?  It has voice dialing that I really need. 

Please allow the update SOON!!! 

Thanks,  Concerned Consumer.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: When will Verizon allow WebOs 2.1 update happen???
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you everyone for the information provided. While we have not received any updates on the WebOs 2.1, please continue to check for updates by following the link below:

http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/pre/p100eww/verizon/solutions/article/71622_en.html

Thank you, 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pre119

ive been wondering the same thing. im begiuning to think vzw doesnt even know what webos is anymore now that they got the iphone.

0 Likes
bradenfontaine
agreed.
0 Likes
bimmin

I just got the Pre 2 and have been waiting for the update as well. Being able to do voice dial will be nice as well as the other updates in WebOS 2.1.

0 Likes
pre119

it would be nice to be able to use aps for 2.1 that are becoming available, i just noticed a weather app that works in exebition mode andwould have loved to download it. but cant cuz im on the network that never realeses updates.

0 Likes
mespiff

Verizon is becoming notorious for doing this with updates. It needs to happen soon -- the apps in the catalog are no longer available to us -- it is bad customer service and i am really tired of it -- i spend 200 dollars a month and have since 1994 when they were still airtouch -- why can they not release this update? COME ON VERIZON PUSH THE **bleep** THING OUT

0 Likes
pre119

i agree mespiff, its getting annoying having to wait for updates like this. i bet when apple releases a update, they are right on it. but anybody else they take there sweet a$$ time, and the steer people away from the phone with misinformation and humilation. vzw needs to get it together with updates though.

0 Likes
legendsneverdie

Let's just say that Verizon is 'holding back' the webos update in the same way Palm guaranteed that the pre would be the first smartphone with flash. I'm sure there is stuff to be worked out with timing to not bog the network for all five palm pre 2 users but yeah considering how Palm lied through their teeth repeatedly with the original pre, I'm not taking their word on anything.

0 Likes
bimmin

Your "five palm pre 2 users" comment negates your bogging down the network comment and Palm can no longer lie through their teeth as they do not exist anymore.

0 Likes
mespiff
0 Likes