Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Where are the Palm phones?
palm_lover

Ok, so I've heard some chatter about the Palm Pre coming to Verizon sometime early next year, but is that it? My husband & I both loves palms and have been using them (phone versions or hand held pda versions) for YEARS.. pushing decades! I've had a Blackberry, and an HTC phone -gave them both a lengthy trial run,.. and they just don't compare to the Palms in my opinion.

So I want to know if the rumor is true? - that Verizon will be getting the Pre- and if they will be getting any OTHER Palm phones like the Pixi or the Treo Pro? I would have thought that they'd have the Treo Pro already since it is a Windows based phone and Verizon seems to love Windows (yuck) but.. the Pixi is sure cute!

Verizon CAN'T leave us Palm users hanging out to dry with no new Palm phone to upgrade to! It's just cruel!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Where are the Palm phones?
zig8100

I believe in the middle on January 2010 they will be getting the Palm Pre and Palm Pixi. Both excellent phones. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pool_shark

I have no answer as to whether or not palm devices will make a return to Verizon. I can state however that I had many Palm devices back in the day, and had a Palm Treo 700P on Verizon. The initial transition from Palm OS to Windows Mobile was difficult, but after the first week I was more than pleased with the switch.

0 Likes
admint

I feel your pain about Verizon not offering Palm phone. I badly wanted the Palm Treo Pro and had hoped Verizon would get this phone, especially since Alltel had it and Verizon bought them out. No such luck.  Well I was ready to dump Verizon and move to a carrier who had one since my contract was up, but Verizon lucked out by me by getting the HTC Touch Pro 2.

For me, I still would have rather had the Treo Pro but the Touch Pro 2 isn't bad once you get used to it. After living with this phone for awhile I really miss having an actual keyboard on the front of the phone. In this regards it's taken some getting used to the Touch Pro 2 but it is what it is.

At any rate It would have been nice to have Verizon offer the Palm Treo Pro.

Just my two cents.

0 Likes
pass111

I agree , have been with palm since it was pda only and verizon since te brick phone. I wil need to upgrade from 700p soon but dont want to go away from verizon. Any kind of future info would be helpful.

0 Likes
Margina

I contacted Verizon about this and got an answer that I really did not like.  Verizon WILL NOT getting the Palm Pre because they said Palm phones are not compatiable with the direction of network service they are going in.  If Verizon gets the I-phone then we will know why.  I am now very reluctantly looking to go to elsewhere.

0 Likes
Shemmy
0 Likes
zig8100

I believe in the middle on January 2010 they will be getting the Palm Pre and Palm Pixi. Both excellent phones. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
palm_lover

I'm excited to see the new Palm phones on Monday (25th) but sadly wont be buying into the the new policy on the forced data plans. I love my centro and have a pay-as-you-go data plan and will stick with it as long as humanly possible. 30$ a month for data is just ridiculous!

0 Likes