Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Where is webOS update 1.4.5
machinekiller85

The update has been released to carriers by palm, so where is it? People in Europe have it. Any time frame on when it will be released?? 

0 Likes
Re: Where is webOS update 1.4.5
jaymobe07

It will be released when ready.  From what i've read is that this version will do little to pre owners, its mainly for pixi to help with some performance and security updates.

0 Likes
machinekiller85

Well thats what I want to know! When is it gonna be ready. This update is actually going to be very important not just for the pixi but for the pre also. 1.4.5 will not only bring 3D games to the pixi but will also bring PDK app which is a big deal. We can now start having iphone apps ported to webos. It also brings small optimization and security fixes. Its also been reported that it will have battery performance and optimization improvements. Hopefully an aGPS fix too.

0 Likes
bosslady85

You can sign up for email updates to get info on when new products and services will be available.  This includes software update releases.  To do this, go to the website and hover over the Support tab and select sign up for email updates. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
oldgeekster
Novice

Natavia, is there a way we can sign up for notifications of updates only for what we already own and not for what marketing would like us to buy?

0 Likes
bosslady85

Unfortunately, it will sign you up for all of the new launches and updates. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
kf4bdy

We went through this with 1.4.1 as well. It seems that Verizon hates to be on the cutting edge of anything. I think this is why they don't have the IPhone too. 

We will see 1.4.5 released only after all the other carriers have released it. And we will, once again, be the the last carrier to have the update. 

Greg

0 Likes
oldgeekster
Novice

Hopefully we will see VERIZON release *their* WebOS 1.4.5 AFTER they have completed fixing some of the Verizon-specific issues like GPS related problems.  After this long I am not so interested in speed as I am accuracy and problem resolution.

0 Likes
OptimusI
Sprint is slated to release this update today (8/10/10). With 1.4 we were about a week later if I remember correctly. Can we expect a similar time frame for this update?
0 Likes
machinekiller85
okay verizon sprint just released 1.4.5 to their pre owners now where is our update?? It better not take a week like the last one!
0 Likes