Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Which is Better - Palm Pixi Plus or Palm Pre Plus?
sallycp

Now that my third Palm Pixi Plus has gone the way of the first two, Verizon is sending me a reconditioned Palm Pre Plus.  I understand the data plan is the same and the main difference is in construction.  The screen is slightly larger as the keyboard slides out.  Any thoughts will be appreciated.  Meanwhile I've lost my free upgrade from my four year old phone and am again under contract to Verizon, so... it's a Palm or back to my four year old phone, tied to a two year contract and 18 months to qualify for another upgrade.

Again, any heads up about the Palm Pre Plus would be helpful.

Thanks 

0 Likes
Re: Which is Better - Palm Pixi Plus or Palm Pre Plus?
SydneyK

This is not what you'll want to hear, but I would not sign a two-year contract for a reconditioned Pre Plus. That phone is discontinued and has known hardware issues. Maybe as a replacement with no contract extension.

I would keep getting the Pixis until there's a phone you want to use your upgrade on, or spend the money to upgrade now to new a phone without so many known issues.

Sorry if this is not what you're asking for. If you keep the Pre Plus, I guess my advice would be to put a GRT case on it to protect the sliding mechanism.

0 Likes
sallycp

You're right, not what I wanted to hear.  Until I started the smart phone saga I was long off any contract and eligible for an upgrade.  I understand that I'm stuck with a Palm for another 17 months and with a new two year contract regardless of the Pre performance.  If the Pre is as unreliable as the Pixi I'll send it back and go back to my dependable four year old non-smart phone.  I'll still be hung out to dry by Verizon with a two year contract and no upgrade for less than full price.  I guess at least the $29.99 per month data package would be canceled.  BTW, I bought a 29 dollar charger that will only work with a Palm.  Meanwhile, the Palm Pre Plus is on a FedEx truck and I expect it any time.   Wish me luck, to be continued.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Best of luck with the Pre. To answer your original question, it has a faster processor, more memory, bigger display and better camera than the Pixi. Enjoy!
0 Likes
sallycp

Thanks for the encouragement SydneyK.  The Palm Pre is up and running.  I've successfully used the hot spot, web, camera, YouTube, email and the phone.  I had no problems getting on Facebook with the three Pixi phones but can't with the Pre.  I'm suppose to text message Facebook a code but have no idea how.  Texting to me is just not important, guess I'll have to learn.

I like the feel of the Pre better than the Pixi.  If the phone continues to work, I'll be very happy. 

0 Likes