Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why did Verizon offer webOS devices?
jhodnettejr

-gps locked down

-no NFL app

-no training on them for store reps

my pre+ is a stellar device, thanks to the homebrew community.  I shock and awe iSheeple and hemDroiders DAILY with my little webos kryptonite device.  i hear alot of "WOWs" and i wish my droid did that.  there is a reason the pre+ won the laptop magazine showdown over the summer.  up the processor to 1ghz and the pre+ can take on ANY SMARTPHONE currently available.

imagine if verizon hadn't setup palm devices to fail from the launch day forward?  and now VZW is getting iclone 4 in 2011?  BAAARF!!!!

i wonder if they'll even carry the pre2, forthcoming slab phone or webos tablet???

0 Likes
Re: Why did Verizon offer webOS devices?
SydneyK

I think the Palm devices were just unfortunate enough to be released around the same time as the Android wave hit. I think Verizon will carry new WebOS devices when they come out. I hope so ... WebOS is phenomenal!

Here's to hoping the Pre Plus GPS issue is fixed with WebOS 2.0. I feel fortunate that it works fine on my Pixi Plus.

I've had different experiences at the stores. At the third store I tried, I was lucky enough to get someone who not only trained on WebOS for a month, but he knew others using Palm, didn't try to steer me away from the platform and said he had few Palm devices returned.

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Novice

I'm sure with the big boy HP pushing it out and putting money behind advertising Verizon will launch another WebOs Phone. If not, Hello Sprint!!, I just can't go back to mediocre Operating systems and Wanna Be Multitasking. WebOS has spoiled me and a lot of other people too. Yeah I'm on my 3rd Pre Plus, got it tonight, 1st one burned up in a week, Short under the keyboard. 2nd one lasted until now, Ran perfect but the dreaded Crack at the USB port starting to go into screen and never did have a perfect keyboard, always a missed or double letter. So, Yeah, We need better hardware, But I still wouldn't trade my Pre for a new Bold or Droid X. I'm the main line on my account so I get a new upgrade every year, So the 1 year warranty works for me just fine. Hopefully Palm has some awesome hardware on Verizon by February.:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
PratherncLP

Similar  question as GPS appears have stopped working altogether for me.

0 Likes
LSMestres

I second your opinion, BIG TIME, on the Palm PRe Plus. It is a great phone and operating system. It can do so much without Homebrew, so when you throw in Home brew it is over the top. The amazing thing is Home Brew is not just for techies. Precentral has doen a great job making it accessible to the average Joe. Even with Verizon trying to hamstring the GPS, Precentral and developers have supplied Apps and patches that do a good job working around the issue.

Verizon think how powerful a phone you would have if you didn't try and hamstring the phone and actually MARKETED the phone?!!?

0 Likes
wildcat_v

Hopefully by now you've heard the news. Verizon to have Pre2 and webOS 2.0 in coming months. First US carrier. YES! Great that VZW stepping up. Homebrew is what really makes webOS great. Can't do that with iclone and androol. Hopefully the masses will realize and jump on board with Pre2. My Pre Plus fortunately hasn't had breakage so hardware can be great. Pre 2 should be better. Hoping HPalm comes out with more phones at or after CES in Q1 2011.

0 Likes