Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why does VZW not support Yahoo Msgr on the Palm Devices????
schrani

Does anyone know the answer to this and/or a work around?? I love my pixi, but I truly miss my Yahoo! IM.. The Palm devices on the Sprint Network have it.. Why don't we???    :smileysad:

0 Likes
Re: Why does VZW not support Yahoo Msgr on the Palm Devices????
jaymobe07

Simply i dont know.  Maybe the same reason why sprint doesnt support the mobile hotspot app. 

No one has created an app for it either.  But mundu IM might be released this month which supports yahoo.  Not sure if it will be free though.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne

You should be able to at least get Yahoo IM Forwarding.

0 Likes
oldgeekster
Novice
0 Likes
joliejolie0930

I just upgraded my phone and ordered a Palm Pre Plus, and now am probably going to be returning it if I can't get to Yahoo IM, that is one of the things I use my phone for alot. From what I'm reading IM+ and Mudana are not good apps? There is no other way to get to Yahoo IM? I thought this was going to be the perfect phone for me. If anyone knows of a good way to get to Yahoo IM let me know.

0 Likes
oldgeekster
Novice

Looks like a deal-breaker for you. Personally I haven't attempted to use Yahoo IM - all of my contacts are on other service. Earlier in this thread I posted a link to the announcement that Mundu IM had hit the app catelog, but initial evaluations are NOT complementary, (although most complaints are about other than Yahoo). Too bad.

0 Likes
joliejolie0930

I've been reading the manual on the Pre Plus most of the day and this phone does what I need it to do for me (I definitely won't be using all the capabilities but I love the MiFi as I am paying for pay as you go broadband through another company right now to connect my netbook and the free MiFi is perfect. I'll try Mundu and see if it works for me to get to yahoo...again I don't need it to do a lot of technical stuff just chat back and forth with friends, basic stuff so maybe it will fit my needs or if I can use the Meebo site via the internet since I have unlimited data plan, at least until they come up with something, my heart is really set on this phone! I stopped at a Verizon store today and looked at the display and the saleman actually got a "real" one out so I could see the keys work better than the dummy display. I love it all ready! Or if Yahoo IM forwarding works for it (I was reading other posts that some were having problems with that too) I'll keep it and hope fixes are in the future.

Some friends are on AIM so maybe I can talk them in to going to AIM rather than Yahoo! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
joliejolie0930

Received my Pre Plus today and really love it. I downloaded Mundu and so far it's working perfect. Its a bit different visually than I'm use to but I'm getting use to it. This will for me now and maybe they will add Yahoo IM to the Pre later on. So it looks like I'm keeping the Pre!!!!  I spent the weekend watching videos and reading the manual.

0 Likes
SmoothCriminal

Get the YahooyOS (NOT yahooOS) app, and there is a yahoo IM app in the YahooyOS app.

0 Likes
BernaB
If you go to help and put in Yahoo Im it will give you a link for palm chat suport , click on it when one of the opperators ask wat can I help you with type in that you want the app for yahoo im and they will give you a link that you have to email to your self and send it to wat ever email acount you have conneted with your phone .Open the link and it will take you to the palm website and bring up an app for yahoo myspace and others it like $2.00 I think it's very help full. Or you can just go to the palm bookmark wen you open your web browser and in search put yahoo IM app I hope you figure it out .
0 Likes