Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why no EMS???
machinekiller85

I really dont understand how my old LG versa which is considered a dumb phone had EMS support, yet my smartphone does not. Can someone explain to me why the pre plus doesn't support EMS, will it ever be available?

0 Likes
Re: Why no EMS???
MorganB

Effective January 19, 2010, with the launch of Inter-carrier Long Message Delivery, if a VZW subscriber sends a message with a message length of more than 160 characters to an inter-carrier destination (any carrier other than VZW or Alltel), that message is delivered in its entirety (up to 1120 characters) in multiple message segments. Each of these segments appear on the recipient’s handset as individual messages from the sender. Smart splitting technology will break up the messages into segments at a space between words (if one exists) at or near 160 characters for each message segment. Today, most feature devices support this capability but many Smartphones (e.g. most RIM BlackBerry devices, Windows Mobile devices, etc.) do not support this functionality.  Unfortunately at this time we have no further information if Palm will support EMS. I hope this helps!

0 Likes