Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wireless Hotspot?
Trekkie2063

Hey, I know it used to be that the Palm Pre Plus and the Palm Pixi Plus used to come with the free wireless hotspot.  However, the other day, in a chat with a Verizon customer service rep, I was told that this is no longer true.  Can anyone else confirm that?  I only ask because I know sometimes misinformation gets passed around and such.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Wireless Hotspot?
commonsense101

If you already have one of those phones its still there

if you upgrade to a different phone it would be lost

View solution in original post

0 Likes
commonsense101

If you already have one of those phones its still there

if you upgrade to a different phone it would be lost

0 Likes
Trekkie2063

Oh ok, because I was considering switching back to it and was told the free hotspot is no longer available.  Do you have the phone and the free hotspot now?

0 Likes
commonsense101

I'm pretty sure the hotspot is free on that if you switch back, I think it was a palm contract promotion with verizon

my buddy is a supervisor in a tech call center, he said he's never seen it come up but also has never seen anyone pay for hotspot on a palm

keep us updated heh

0 Likes
cslacko

This might help.  I bought the Palm Pre 2 when it was first released and got the free 5GB per month hotspot feature as well as unlimited data.  I have been using the hotspot feature for the past 3 years or so with my ipad and other wireless devices. It was great!  Anyway, I ran into a parent at my daughters school who developed the camera on my phone. He asked me if I wanted a brand new Verizon Palm Pre 3. I jumped at it and crossed my fingers that I wouldn't loose the free hotspot! Anyway, I lost the free hotspot after putting in 2 IPR(Inactive pricing request) with verizon. At least I still have unlimited data on the Palm Pre 3.  I found out today that if I switch to the new iphone5, I will loose my unlimted data on that line. Only way I can keep it is if I pay $650 for the iphone.

0 Likes
dshieh

I have switched devices between my iPhone 4 and Pixi Plus many times. Whenever I'm using the Palm, I get the free hotspot. Whenever I'm on the iPhone, I don't.

I will soon be getting the iPhone 5 subsidized. I'll switch back and forth with the Palm to see if the free hotspot is retained whenever I'm using the Palm.

0 Likes