Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bad palm pre plus
nowhere1am

I recently received my 5th palm pre and this one has already gone bad.  My pre was working until it went into standby mode. Now the palm will not even turn bad.  Has anyone else having major issues with this phone.  verizon informed that I can choose another phone but, I will have to pay the 2 yr upgrade price. I don't think this is far since I just paid 200 in Jan for the palm pre plus. any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: bad palm pre plus
medic2joey
Novice

Being that your on your 5th one, they usually offer you a different phone that is of equal value to the one you have. They did this for me on my LG Versa and on my girlfriends Samsung Glyde. Usually that happens once you hit 3 and not 5 though. I would speak to a manager and let him look at your account and ask for a phone of equal value. I forgot what Verizon calls it but they can do that.

0 Likes
nowhere1am

I did ask for another phone but the manager told me I had to pay the 2yr upgrade price. I even asked for a new palm pre and he told me that I would have to pay 50 and agree to another 2 yr agreement.  Now I am waiting 5 days without a phone and paying for their service that is no being used.

0 Likes
medic2joey
Novice

Sounds like its time to go above his head. I'd start with a district manager and keep working myself up. Just ask to speak to manager then ask him for his bosses number and take your complaint higher. There is no reason why Verizon should have to replace 5 phones for you in 5 months and want to charge you for another and a renewed contract. Seriously, take it up the ladder!

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Novice

nowhere1am wrote:

I did ask for another phone but the manager told me I had to pay the 2yr upgrade price. I even asked for a new palm pre and he told me that I would have to pay 50 and agree to another 2 yr agreement.  Now I am waiting 5 days without a phone and paying for their service that is no being used.

make sure you take it back to a corperate store, the phone has a 1 year warrenty and will be replaced at no charge with a referbed phone. thats Verizons policy. also after that many replacements, you should be able to select a compatible phone and only pay the differance in price. say you payed $150 for the Pre and you pick a droid at $199, you will have to pay the extra $49 dollars. this has always been the norm as far as I know.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I cannot recommend staying away from Palm Pre phones strongly enough. Why? Because all of your contact's information is stored on the Palm Profile site. When a complete failure occurs with your phone, you loose data. Just do a search on the internet regarding lost data from Palm's system. My Palm Pre Plus failed within 10 days of ownership. Upon returning to the store to address the issue and change phones, I found that 243 of my 249 contacts were missing and forever lost. If you feel like dealing with a nightmare and getting bounced all over the place by Verizon folks who are as confused as the rest of us about WebOS, and talking to Palm's offshore useless tech support, then go for it. I am telling you it is not fun.

After 3 days and multiple hours on the phone and in stores I was lucky enough to extract my contact list from my old damaged Envy2. It was done with absolutely NO help from Verizon Corporate or Palm's "Level 3" tech support. If you think it can't happen to you, think again. You better have that contact list backed up somewhere other than Palm Profile or anything to do with Palm. Want to know another little tidbit of information? If you subscribe to Verizon's Back-Up assistant (as I was), it is cancelled and deleted permanently as soon as you activate your Palm Pre Plus. Nice eh? Oh, they don't mention this either. Lost 10 years worth of contacts? Sorry is all they will say. Amazing.

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Novice

derek244 wrote:

I cannot recommend staying away from Palm Pre phones strongly enough. Why? Because all of your contact's information is stored on the Palm Profile site. When a complete failure occurs with your phone, you loose data. Just do a search on the internet regarding lost data from Palm's system. My Palm Pre Plus failed within 10 days of ownership. Upon returning to the store to address the issue and change phones, I found that 243 of my 249 contacts were missing and forever lost. If you feel like dealing with a nightmare and getting bounced all over the place by Verizon folks who are as confused as the rest of us about WebOS, and talking to Palm's offshore useless tech support, then go for it. I am telling you it is not fun.

After 3 days and multiple hours on the phone and in stores I was lucky enough to extract my contact list from my old damaged Envy2. It was done with absolutely NO help from Verizon Corporate or Palm's "Level 3" tech support. If you think it can't happen to you, think again. You better have that contact list backed up somewhere other than Palm Profile or anything to do with Palm. Want to know another little tidbit of information? If you subscribe to Verizon's Back-Up assistant (as I was), it is cancelled and deleted permanently as soon as you activate your Palm Pre Plus. Nice eh? Oh, they don't mention this either. Lost 10 years worth of contacts? Sorry is all they will say. Amazing.

Don't blame the Phone, That can happen with any phone. To single out Palm is wrong. It's called a backup, same as your computer. If you lose your info shame on you. I use Gmail, it syncs all the contacts with my phone and my Imac, there for I have 3 copies of my contacts along with my Palm Profile. Its easy to blame Palm and Verizon instead of looking in the mirror. Best solution is depend on yourself and back up what you don't want to loose, and don't depend on 1 source.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Anyways, I looked in the mirror and I saw someone who was not told about the back-up of information being switched to Palm Profile server. I guess I should have assumed that Verizon was going to cancel my back-up assistant that I was subcribed to and paying for. I guess I am to blame for not knowing that. I guess I should have figured this all out before the piece of junk locked up and completely confused multiple techs and Verizon employees who kept throwing the ball back in my court.

Thanks for the amazing insight and condescending reply. I am not a tech geek and thought I had all my bases covered with Verizon's back-up assistant. Maybe you should read up on what that is.

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Novice

I know what it is, and it wasn't meant as any attack, I simply stated that the only thing you can count on is yourself and to never depend on only 1 backup, should I have worded it different, Maybe, Just making a point. Sorry. My Bad.

0 Likes