Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
can i return the palm pre plus i got as a private upgrade and keep my own cell i been having?
busybee

i thought it was a good phone from the many star reviews but i dont want it now after i read all the bad things it does. It is coming by fedex on friday. Can i just tell the fedex person i do not want it and to return it? And then call verizon tomorrow morning and tell them i am going to do that and that im keeping my cell i been having?

0 Likes
Re: can i return the palm pre plus i got as a private upgrade and keep my own cell i been having?
machinekiller85

So wait you want to return a phone that you haven't even tried because of what other people have said? I would say definitely try it before you send it back, you have 30 days to return it. WebOS is really good, in my opinion it is better than the iphone os and android OS 

0 Likes
Re: can i return the palm pre plus i got as a private upgrade and keep my own cell i been having?
pmcd1962

machinekiller85 wrote:

So wait you want to return a phone that you haven't even tried because of what other people have said? I would say definitely try it before you send it back, you have 30 days to return it. WebOS is really good, in my opinion it is better than the iphone os and android OS 

Plus a re-stocking fee, correct? I want to say somewhere around 30 - 35 bucks

0 Likes
busybee

yeah i do go by reviews and most of the time im usually right and the produce is useless. I called verizon and the restocking fee only applies if you use the phone and im not going too. im going to just refuse it by fedex tomorrow. It doesnt come with Yahoo messenger and i think thats just dumb. I dont want a cell phone that has problems and has no YM.

0 Likes
machinekiller85

YM can be used on the pre plus. Got to precentral.net and see all the cool stuff people are doing with their pre's before you make up your mind.

0 Likes
Kimberly_Nicole

busybee wrote:

i thought it was a good phone from the many star reviews but i dont want it now after i read all the bad things it does. It is coming by fedex on friday. Can i just tell the fedex person i do not want it and to return it? And then call verizon tomorrow morning and tell them i am going to do that and that im keeping my cell i been having?

Hi :smileyhappy:   I understand that you do not want to try the Palm Pre and I will be happy to give you a little more information.  Yes, you can refuse the order and it will come back to us.  When we receive the phone back,  you will get a refund.   Remember, you do have 30 days to return the phone if you do not like it.   From what I have heard, it is a great phone!    Doing a little research, I do see you can use Yahoo Messenger on the Palm Pre.  You can go to the Palm forums online to check out the applications that are available for it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions

Thanks!

0 Likes
busybee

Kimberly,

I do not see any where on the palm website to download it. i go to search on the palm main website and it doesnt show me anything. The restocking fee kimberly applies to when you activate the phone. there is no way i can use the phone and look at all the stuff it has. i think its really **bleep** that a phone has to be activated first in order to play around with the phone, see if you like it. Im not going to activate a phone just to see if i do like and then if i dont i have to pay $30 dollars ya i dont think so. it just doesnt work like that with me. im not being rude, im just expressing that i personally do not agree with that policy. how does a person really know if they really want a certain phone if it cant be turned on if its not activated? I dont have to go to the store either to see if i want it. i did do my research... the phone gets hot, i hear the blue tooth has flaws, the gps and navigator supposebly do not work.

0 Likes
wushu2004
Novice

To get Y!Messenger, just sign into it in the preferences/accounts menu of the messaging app. EDIT:nevermind

All phones get hot from heavy use.

What bluetooth flaws?

You can patch your phone to get GPS to work very well.

0 Likes
busybee

i dont know how to do that. or where the prefrences are. i went to  the maine menu and clicked Messaging and it only lets me do aim which i hate and google talk which i also do not use at all.

0 Likes
busybee

and for the cells getting hot. i disagree. i have the lg env3 and that phone never ever gets hot sorry

0 Likes