Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
connecting a Palm Pre Plus to a Wii?
MattyB

I'm thinking about getting a Palm Pre Plus for the hotspot feature. Has anyone had an experience (good or bad) with connecting a Pre to a Wii for streaming Netflix? Also, what is the average range of the hotspot?

0 Likes
Re: connecting a Palm Pre Plus to a Wii?
jaymobe07

I dont have it but also want one.  But i wouldn't use it to stream movies, you still have a 5GB limit for the hotspot feature.

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Novice

MattyB wrote:

I'm thinking about getting a Palm Pre Plus for the hotspot feature. Has anyone had an experience (good or bad) with connecting a Pre to a Wii for streaming Netflix? Also, what is the average range of the hotspot?

That would be Financial suicide, you have a 5g cap, then you get charged, video streaming movies would kill the 5g in no time. My second question is WHY? :smileyhappy: As for the Hotspot, I have a netbook and Ipod and both work great with the Pre.

0 Likes
MattyB

Thank you for the replies. That leads me to another question regarding the Palm products. Looking through some of the posts, some folks talk about a 5G cap and others don't. The sales person I deal with local refers to the Verizon "unlimited" package, but I've yet to talk to him since hearing about the 5G cap. Is the cap across the board to all Verizon customers or is it a regional issue? I'm currently on a Unicel contract that was taken over by Verizon. The data package is unlimited with no restriction, regardless if I'm tethering or not.

Any thoughts? 

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Novice

MattyB wrote:

Thank you for the replies. That leads me to another question regarding the Palm products. Looking through some of the posts, some folks talk about a 5G cap and others don't. The sales person I deal with local refers to the Verizon "unlimited" package, but I've yet to talk to him since hearing about the 5G cap. Is the cap across the board to all Verizon customers or is it a regional issue? I'm currently on a Unicel contract that was taken over by Verizon. The data package is unlimited with no restriction, regardless if I'm tethering or not.

Any thoughts? 

With Verizon, the phone Data is Unlimited, you can surf 24/7 on your smartphone. On the Palm Pre Plus when you activate (use) the Hotspot all data (including any Phone data) counts against the 5g, so you have to make sure you turn it off after tethering anything. No Matter what phone you look at, the Pre has the Best OS (in my opinion) and the best bang for the buck if you do tether.

0 Likes
evancescence112

Well personally I tried Connecting my PS3 to the Palm Pre Plus mobile hotspot feature and it didnt work. That might be the same fate for the Wii.

0 Likes