Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pALM PRE
Bart58

I AM PLEASED TO SAY L OWN 2 PALM PRE + SINCE July AND TO DATE HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH THEM. Love THE PHONES, BUT AM VERY DISTRESSED AT THE FACT THAT VERIZON APPEARS TO IGNORE THESE DEVICES YET SELL THEM. FIRSTLY, A FEATURE THEY TOUT IN ADVERTISING, PHONE BOOK BACKUP IS NOT AT ALL AVAILABLE,. BEING ABLE TO MAINTAIN AND TRANSFER THIS DATA IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE TO ME. SECONDLY, NONE OF THE APPPS AVAILABLE TO OTHER PHONES IS AVAILABLE TO PALM USERS ( I CITE THE NFL PROGRAM ) NOR DOES IT SEEM HARDWARE IS UNAFFECTED EITHER!  NOTE SKINS SOLD ONSITE ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR PALM EITHER. I READ ABOUT THE LACK OF SUPPORT IN OTHER WEBSITES ON THE WEB, BUT REFUSED TO BELIEVE IT AS I TOO HAVE BEEN A VERIZON CUSTOMER FOR MORE THAN A DECADE! SEEMS AS THO' YOU CAN SELL AN ITEM YET REFUSE TO SUPPORT IT, AT WILL.  MAKES ME QUESTION IF I RENEW WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN IN THE FUTURE! EVEN THE NEWEST ARRIVAL THE WINDOWS PHONE IS MORE SUPPORTED,

0 Likes
Re: pALM PRE
mikeinanaheim

Bart,

Yes there is a safely backed-up phonebook baked right into Palm products.

Use 'Contacts" to record information you want to keep safe.

Be sure you have recorded and saved the Palm User name and Password

that you created when you started the cell phone.

If you return your phone to factory condition, the Contacts folder will be

restored to your phone when you first start it and enter your Palm User Name.

All your info has been backed up and returned with no hassles.

Also, there are more programs for Palm Pres than you can shake a stick at located

at a great enthusiast site located at 'precentral dot net'. Once you've visited there,

you'll have all the programs you want.  And be sure to check out the processor

overclocking programs - they are safe and make performace snappier. They

also add to battery life. My Pre Plus has been personlized with more than 20 patches

that make it more useful and fun to use. When I am standing in line wasting time,

the VZN Pre more than takes care of the boredom.

0 Likes
SydneyK

I understand what you're saying about the Palm devices sort of being overlooked. They never really took a front seat at Verizon, which is unfortunate because it's such a great OS. I have to agree with mikeinanaheim at the same time ... WebOS has more quality apps, many free, than most other platforms. Adding Preware opens up a whole new world of options too. And your data is backed up to your Palm profile daily by default, which can also be remotely wiped from the device if needed. Try PreCentral if you haven't already. You can find almost anything you're looking for and lots of like-minded WebOS fans.

0 Likes
Bart58

Thank you both for the reply and attempting to help /explain things to me. i understand about the Palm backup and the many apps available for the phone, However that is not my dilema! what I speak of is the VERIZON app for backing up your contacts. I came to Palm from the Verizon LG ENv2. I was depending on using Verizons much advertised app for backing up your contacts not Palms. It is an irratant they advertise this like it globally available but is not available to Palm users selectively. And being an NFL fan I was excited when they told me thru advertisment to get this app yet when I go to their site it is unavailable for my phone! Same thing for the skins offered thru their site. Its like buying a chevy only to find that GM won't'/cant fix the model you purchased from them!! I indeed have quite a few apps on my phone already, and am always looking for new and useful ones. THanks again and please know I am not as illiterate about the phone as it would appear. I have owned at least 5 other phones on Verizons service.

0 Likes