Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
palm centro?
gobears34

Does the palm centro 690 require any type of data package?

0 Likes
Re: palm centro?
TheGreatOne

gobears34 wrote:

Does the palm centro 690 require any type of data package?

That phone does not require a data plan.

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Novice

The phone does not require a monthly data package, however when activating it you must choose a pay-per-use data package. Which means if you do not use it then there will be no fees for accessing the internet. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Sborg

I just tried to activate a Palm Centro 690 after customer service told me a few weeks ago that any Palm under a 700 series could be activated without a data package.  This is not true and I cannot activate my phone that I bought on Ebay (as suggested by customer service).  I tried to activate it online and there is no option for Pay as you go.  I even asked about it when I called back customer service today and that is not available for smartphones.  If you find out how to activate one without the data package, please let me know.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn

Sborg wrote:

I just tried to activate a Palm Centro 690 after customer service told me a few weeks ago that any Palm under a 700 series could be activated without a data package.  This is not true and I cannot activate my phone that I bought on Ebay (as suggested by customer service).  I tried to activate it online and there is no option for Pay as you go.  I even asked about it when I called back customer service today and that is not available for smartphones.  If you find out how to activate one without the data package, please let me know.

Are you trying to get the phone on a Pay As You Go plan? I think they're talking about a plan where you have no data package and you pay for any data that you use.

0 Likes
givmecandy09

When I went to activate my palm centro it won't let me unless I purchase the 29.99 or 49.99 data plan, there is no option for pay as you go.

0 Likes
kjhboston

I think this is one of Verizon's new 'improvements' to help keep you from surprises in your billing.  I just went to up my family plan minutes and they're now saying I have to get a second data plan, one for my phone and one for my wife's Motorola Q.  She's had the phone over 2 years now and never used any data services but now Verizon wants that extra data plan charge.  Boo, hiss, boo!

0 Likes
RHill

It also gave me no option to a pay per click when I activated it, but less then 5 minutes into the chat sessions from the website it was removed to a pay per click and also she even blocked data to my phone.  Sheneka, she was a blessing to deal with.  Thumps up to her, but this phone is as everyone said it does not require a data plan.

0 Likes