Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
palm centrooo
yappsterr

i currently have the samsung rouge & its a piece of crap.

i was planning on getting the palm centro,

i heard that you don't need a data package,

how do i set it up where i don't need a data package, but can still use all the features (excluding email/internet, of course)

thanks so much for any help :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: palm centrooo
TheGreatOne

yappsterr wrote:

i currently have the samsung rouge & its a piece of crap.

i was planning on getting the palm centro,

i heard that you don't need a data package,

how do i set it up where i don't need a data package, but can still use all the features (excluding email/internet, of course)

thanks so much for any help :smileyhappy:

It did not require a plan back in the day. Verizon has this new data plan for 3G phones. I am thinking it still shouldn't since it is an older phone. So with that being said you should be able to activate the phone & then add it to your plan or sign up for a new plan. You should be able to use email and internet. You would have to pay per use to use it though. To avoid extra charges, I'd recommend you getting some sort of dat plan.

0 Likes
Re: palm centrooo
jswynd

Yoy can get the centro w/o the data plan, just don't buy the insurance from Asurion, cause they "don't support that model currently"...translation: you are out of luck if you need to file a claim, 'cause they don't have it, and will offer you something non-palm as a "equivalent substitute" How you are supposed to sync out your database is something that the rep "Was not able to discuss w/me at that time. " 

0 Likes