Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
palm pre plus key problems
annepep

I have had issues for the past month with keys sticking (where i need to hit the same key 5 or 6 times) or have had it when i hit one button once it creates a long strand of that letter (example: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (when hit lightly once)).

Is there anything that can be done to stop that? 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: palm pre plus key problems
bshutt

I have this same issue, this is the hardest phone to text on, they told me in the store that this was a problem that a service patch would fix, but the next patch never fixed it. 

0 Likes
SydneyK

I've seen other Pre owners post about this problem. I have not heard of a solution, except to exchange the phone for another. Do you live near a store? Maybe you could try out the replacement before taking it home, to make sure the keys and spacebar work.

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Novice

Yup, have Verizon send you another one to replace it, keyboard should work perfect or send it back. I'm on my 3rd Pre Plus, First one burned up in a week (Short in keyboard) Second one had bad keyboard and crack at usb port, This one is Great, the first Pre Plus's had problems with the keyboard, so a new referb should solve the problem for you.

0 Likes
djvanyel

Well it's kind of sad to know that other people have these same problems.  I'm also on my third Pre Plus and, from this thread, it looks like it too is defective (bad keyboard).  So far I've had two with bad screens and now this.  Very disappointing after waiting for the Pre for all this time.  And this is only my second month of having it.

0 Likes