Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
people that call me can't hear me
TC13

I have had my phone for almost 3 months now with no problems.  All of a sudden, when placing or receiving calls, the other person can not hear me. 

Frustrated and would like some direction!!!

0 Likes
Re: people that call me can't hear me
TheGreatOne
  • Remove the battery for awhile from your phone
  • Dial *228 + send from your phone, press option 2
  • It also could be that you have the mute option to on in your phone, but usually the mute would disappear after you hang up with a person
0 Likes
TC13

Thanks, but it is still not working.  People can hear a little static on their end.

0 Likes
machinekiller85
have you recently used the 3.5mm jack? If you have that's your problem. Stick the headphone jack in and disconnect it a few times till the speaker starts working. It probably ot stuck in headset mode.
0 Likes
jsmd

I had same problem with my pre, it had to be replaced.

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Novice

Sorry about the issue with your phone where callers cannot hear you here is some troubleshooting steps for a partial reset..Hope this helps!

A partial reset will erase installed applications, application settings and data. It will not erase personal files stored on the USB drive.

Caution Remove / disconnect all third party devices (e.g. SD Card, headset, etc.).

1. From the Home screen, touch the launcher icon.

2. Touch Device Info.
    Note If necessary, swipe horizontally or vertically to locate the application. 
  3. Touch Reset Options.

4. Touch Erase Apps & Data.

5. Touch Erase Apps & Data.

0 Likes