Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
"SLIDER HINGE" loose and will not lock!
TheeDotys

I have had my Palm Pre2 since April 1, 2011 and my slide mechanism will lock in place so the screen slides back and forth freely which also seems to be causing software issues.

I had an issue with my Palm Pre Plus where the screen wiggled side to side.

I have been informed that this issue is not covered under the "Warranty".

Has anyone had this issue?  

0 Likes
Re: "SLIDER HINGE" loose and will not lock!
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

TheeDotys,

So sorry you're experiencing this problem with your Palm Pre 2!  I checked and couldn't find any known issues with the Palm Pre 2 slider hinge.

Has your phone been dropped or had any physical damage to it, at all?  If so, do you have insurance coverage for this line?  Otherwise we may be able to look into other options for you.

Let me know, I'm here to assist!

0 Likes
Re: "SLIDER HINGE" loose and will not lock!
Greendragonfly

Seriously, Anthony. You haven't known of this issue with the Palm phones?

I had a Palm Pre Plus that had no such problem but over the time I had the phone I read of this issue many times.

My phone was replaced under warranty after I'd had it for a year or so because of a defective part in the plugin port for earphones.

The replacement phone they sent me has a sloppy slider. Wiggles from side to side.

If you've never encountered this issue can you ask around and find out what other folks in Tech Support may know about this problem. It's sad that the phones they sell under a 'Two Year Contract' don't last for two years.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes