Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
webOS 2.0
nymetsfan1226

I know it took forever for us to get 1.4.5, but with all the news over the last few days about the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0, does anyone at Verizon know if 2.0 will be made available to people using the Pre 1, or are we not going any further than 1.4.5?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: webOS 2.0
SydneyK

I'm not really "at Verizon," but ...

The word on the street is 2.0 will be available to existing customers in the coming months. If I'm not mistaken, you're even getting Flash, but the Pixi+ is not.

One of the features users like about WebOS is that software updates are available for all devices, so I don't think your Pre+ will be left out.

0 Likes
LSMestres

I would love to knwo what coming months means? This year? !st qtr next year?.....

0 Likes
Leslie1
Novice

Verizon Wireless has not been given any date for a release for a software update at this time. When available will be posted.

0 Likes
wildcat_v

I think it is great that Verizon has got on board with HP Palm as the first US provider with Palm Pre 2 and webOS 2.0. I think it would then really pay off to provide the webOS 2.0 update to your current customers as a great word of mouth advertising tool. I think the HP webOS to be hands down the better OS of all the smart phones. The features of webOS 2.0 sound to be fantastic. I would definitely encourage my friends and aquaintences to get the Pre2. I might even get one even though I would have to pay.

0 Likes
SydneyK

I am already loving 1.4.5 ... so 2.0 might just send me right over the edge!

And welcome to the boards, Wildcat.

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Novice

SydneyK wrote:

I am already loving 1.4.5 ... so 2.0 might just send me right over the edge!

And welcome to the boards, Wildcat.

The Skinny is according to Engadget that the Carriers already have 2.0, So it's just a matter of time. On Verizon, Who knows when it will be. Let's hope they don't drag their feet like they did on 1.4.5

0 Likes
SydneyK

I'll try to refrain from touching my Updates package icon every day to see if there's a present in there.  :smileysurprised:

0 Likes
wildcat_v

glad to be here.

0 Likes
wildcat_v

Me too. I was trying updates everyday for 1.4.5. Hope that because Verizon is on board with 2.0 up front that updates are out sooner. WebOS is the best.

0 Likes