30KB Downloading Message error and other issues
mikepoint3

Hello all,

I've been getting a MMS text saying "Message Size: 30KB, expiring in 5 days" -- press the download and nothing happens. It's happened a few times today. I checked with the person who sent me the message and they told me they did in fact send me a image,  yet nothing has downloaded. Anyone have a similar issue? I am in a 4G area. 

On side note, yesterday my front facing camera just gave up working. It would quit out and say "(process com.Android.Camera) has stopped unexpectedly" -- in order to fix that, I had to resent set the camera. The button for that is in the camera menu.

It's been a less than a week and the only apps I'm really running are the SiriusXM and AngryBirds. I love the speed of this thing but still iffy on the battery and these errors.

-

mike

0 Likes
Re: 30KB Downloading Message error and other issues
tamarak

I too am having this problem. Have been receiving texts with pictures that can not be opened. Took my phone in to a Verizon store, they took the battery out and rebooted, but still not downloading these pictures... I am still looking for the fix.....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Do you have the 3G/4G mobile network active when you press the download button in the message? Whenever I had to download the attachments in a mms message, I did it while connected to the 3G network. The wifi connection had to be turned off or disconnected.

HTH

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

I have had this happen a few times and restarting the device has gotten the image to upload everytime. Not a fix but better than no pic. 

0 Likes