3G/4G Question
franchescadaye2

Usually my Rezound is solidly 4G however for the last week or so it hasn't picked up a 4G signal at all.

Is there anything I can do?

Also sometimes when I close an app it goes to the htc logo screen for as much as a minute before showing the home screen, any fix for that?

0 Likes
Re: 3G/4G Question
InvestorRic

I have a similar problem.  It will be in 4G, then the phone switches to 3G on its own.  The only way to fix it is to reboot the phone.  I called Verizon & they suggested I toggle the LTE / CDMA setting under settings -> Wireless & networks -> Mobile networks -> network mode.  This did not work.  I also tried turning the Mobile network off then back on.  Still no luck.  It's very annoying, sometimes I have to do this 3 or 4 times a day.  I am in a relatively weak signal area and use a cell phone amplifier to get 4 bars so not sure if that is part of the problem.

Since I wrote this, I found a solution.  Go to the Play store and install an app called "LTE OnOff".  Run it and select "LTE mode (w/voice)" from the drop down box.  I never see 3G anymore.  Only issue is if I leave the 4G area, I need to set it back to CDMA / LTE.

0 Likes
Re: 3G/4G Question
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

It very well could be, if you are on the bitter edge of the tower's reach, the network extender will only be able to boost the signal it receives.  If it looses it's LTE connection, so will you.

0 Likes