4g DNS issue openly discussed
Karuk
This is exactly the same issue I am having. This is posted on XDA. Originally Posted by Game4set So what are non-rooted users supposed to do? It's not like Verizon/Google expect us to root our Thunderbolts so we can use them like they're meant to be used. I went to my local Verizon store and both Thunderbolts they had on display over there (and one that an employee had) all had the same issue with sites such as Google, Youtube, Market app, etc. This seems to only be a problem with Thunderbolts; the Droid Charge that was on display and one that an employee had both didn't have an issue on 4G. We have a big Verizon flagship type store here (Mission Valley, San Diego).. I went in because I just wanted to see if the other phones were having the same problem. I tested out two thunderbolts, a Charge, and a LG Revolution. All of them had problems getting to www.google.com. Also google searches take forever and the market was iffy. Basically it takes about 30 seconds to get a response from google. I pointed it out to one of the reps there and he was very thankful. He said he has been getting a lot of complaints about 4G phones being "laggy" .. When he tests them, they're fine. That's because he was going to non-Google sites though. When I showed him that all his display models were jacked up, he said he was going to call Verizon and open a ticket or something. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1115592&page=7
0 Likes
Re: 4g DNS issue openly discussed
Karuk

I work about 100 yards from the store referenced in the post above. I will be going there this afternoon to confirm the issue on the display phones.

I made my 3rd call to verizon last night. Ended up speaking to a consumer advocate. He openly admitted to the issue and proceeded to tell me that even though they are required to tell customers not to turn 4g off he told me that if that is the only way to get my phone to function that I can turn off 4g using the LTE off app. 

He said that he does not think I have a hardware issue but is sending me a CLNR. If the same issue occurs with the second phone he told me I might be able to switch to another phone.

0 Likes