4g and 3g icons disapear only showing bars
rwssoccer1

Every once and a while the 3G or 4G icons at the top vanish and it only shows bars. At this time i dont have any data connectivity at all...this happens randomly and sometimes frequently. Anyone have a solution or also have this problem?

0 Likes
Re: 4g and 3g icons disapear only showing bars
Wildman
Legend

Try *228 and #2 to update data roaming...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The last time I checked, the *228 update isn't a viable option for the Thunderbolt. Everything is on the SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Munchkin84nv

I have the same problem with the 4G LTE going away and just leaving bars with no data connectivity. I hope this gets corrected in the software update.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Thanks Ann for reminding me, I forgot about that...  You are correct...

Now that you bring it up I think that HTC had a post reporting to resolve this until update was to unseat sim card and put it back in, I believe this is a temporary fix tho.

0 Likes
rwssoccer1

Yea the first day i got it i had an issue with txts and tried the *228 and found out it doesnt work...idk im hoping this comes in the update cause its so annoying...It appears that just liek putting it in the pocket some times makes this happen....

0 Likes
Diana1055

This is normal if you are on WiFi.  With a WiFi connection, data is routed there and 3g/4g is not used.

0 Likes
ARossetter
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, the loss of data connectivitiy is a known issue meant to be resolved with the next OTA update. What's happening is that the handoff from 4G to 3G in fringe areas isn't properly being handled by the phone. I'd recommend though instead of reseating the SIM card, just restart the device. This brings back data for me just fine.

- Andy 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have noticed that this issue isnt restricted to TB, I have been having the same issue with my Droid X lately..   I have resolved this with using "Restart Connections" on the market.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dazbradbury.restartConnections&feature=search_result

0 Likes