Added unlimted Hotspot...see an issue
budone
Legend

Well, I bit the bullet and added the unlimited Hotspot to my device.Many reasons for adding it, figured I would get the unlimited while I could, 4G will be here soon, DSL is painfully slow here, and my employer discount now includes a 20% discount on feature add ons.

Anyways. I think I may have found some of the connection issues with the hotspot. When I first connect in the morning or after work, all is fine UNTIL my virus protection begins updating itself. When the update icon is active, I can not conenct to anything and do not see any data activity. I can not log into any site. I can shut down the hotspot and connect back, but still nothing. 

Once the update is complete, I have to reboot my phone and all is fine afterwards.... until another update.

But all in all, it is a fantastic addition to my phone for $24/month

0 Likes
Re: Added unlimted Hotspot...see an issue
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Virus protection on the computer/laptop or on the phone?

(Slightly confused. :smileysad:)

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Puter...... in fact, I had an update a half hour ago and I had to reboot the phone

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Are you by chance using Norton antivirus??

0 Likes
patt3332
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was going to ask about Norton also. It sounds like you may be charging your phone from a USB port on the computer. I charge mine with a wall charger. For one thing I don't have any problems with the phone and computer having conflict issues and it also charges a lot faster on a wall charger. Your needs may be different, but I try not to connect my phone to my computer unless absolutely necessary. Even then I use WiFi apps like WiFi File Explorer as much as possible to minimize any direct connection and I try to avoid HTC Sync unless I have no choice.

Edit to add my congratulations on getting the hot spot. I use mine to tether my laptop at work since we don't have WiFi there. Your company paying 20% of it is a good deal, but even the $30.00/month is more than worth it to me. It's always coming in handy when I'm in and out of WiFi areas. Let us know how it works for you.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

AVG or is it AGV free version. An update, when he update occurred last night I just waited for the update to end, waited a minute more and i was able to continue

I do not charge while using the hotspot, extended battery works great. And i do love the hotspot. Will come in very handy in my travels! May travel to a 4G area Christmas just to try it there, since I have no plans
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Sounds like that antivirus app must be using a heavy load on connection when downloading its updates...

0 Likes