Adding Music from PC to Thunderbolt (Help Please)
Shockwave22

I tried the V cast and did the transfers but nothing transfers over am I doing something wrong?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Adding Music from PC to Thunderbolt (Help Please)
random64
Contributor - Level 2

The easiest way to transfer media from PC to TB is mount the TB as a disk drive (^Note 1) and then simply cut/paste (or drag and drop) the media folders.  In fact, this method may even be necessary if you want certain ancillary files (e.g. Album Art) transfer as well.

I just went through this with my TB upgrade.  In my case, I use Window Media Player 12 to organize my music but when I used WMP to sync it to the TB, the album art didn't get transferred.  However, when I cut/pasted the music folders it worked.

1. Mount your phone as a USB mass storage and open the "Removable Disk (F:smileyhappy:" F:/Music folder (^Note 1).

2. Select/Copy folders under "My Music" directory and Paste into "F:/Music/" directory. 

^Note 1: When you plug you TB into the USB port of the PC, you'll see a little USB icon in the top left of the TB's notification bar.  Drag that down the notifcation bar and select (touch) the entry with the USB icon (it probably says "Charge Only").  Change it to "Disk Drive" ("Mount as disk drive").  After this, on the PC open a file explorer and under Computer you'll notice a new "Removable Disk" has been added, e.g. "Removable Disk (F:smileyhappy:".  Open that disk and there should be a directory "F:/Music" (If not, create one). 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
superman2567

The phone does not ask you to mount or unmount the sd card so the computer will not know the phone is even hooked up.I went to the app store and downloaded the app Auto Mount set it  to Enable SD Card Auto-Mounting then go to settings on the Connect to PC settings set it to Disk Drive and that worked for me, but I used Window Media to transfer my music. Also once you get it to mount you can go to HTC web site and download the HTC Sync and then you can do music ,pictures and contacts.

0 Likes
Shockwave22

ill have to try that when i get some time Collage Homework is over bearing) thanks

0 Likes
Shockwave22

cant find auto mount in apps:smileysad:

0 Likes
superman2567

Auto Mount Your SD Card is what it is called and it's under Media & Video it's made by JRT studio

0 Likes
Shockwave22

ok thanks

0 Likes
random64
Contributor - Level 2

The easiest way to transfer media from PC to TB is mount the TB as a disk drive (^Note 1) and then simply cut/paste (or drag and drop) the media folders.  In fact, this method may even be necessary if you want certain ancillary files (e.g. Album Art) transfer as well.

I just went through this with my TB upgrade.  In my case, I use Window Media Player 12 to organize my music but when I used WMP to sync it to the TB, the album art didn't get transferred.  However, when I cut/pasted the music folders it worked.

1. Mount your phone as a USB mass storage and open the "Removable Disk (F:smileyhappy:" F:/Music folder (^Note 1).

2. Select/Copy folders under "My Music" directory and Paste into "F:/Music/" directory. 

^Note 1: When you plug you TB into the USB port of the PC, you'll see a little USB icon in the top left of the TB's notification bar.  Drag that down the notifcation bar and select (touch) the entry with the USB icon (it probably says "Charge Only").  Change it to "Disk Drive" ("Mount as disk drive").  After this, on the PC open a file explorer and under Computer you'll notice a new "Removable Disk" has been added, e.g. "Removable Disk (F:smileyhappy:".  Open that disk and there should be a directory "F:/Music" (If not, create one). 

0 Likes
Shockwave22

ok i need auto mount and to make my device a disk drive and it work, thanks guys

Now how to remove a song from the phone :smileytongue: lol

0 Likes