Adding events to the calender. Help Please
kjg

Hello,

I was wondering if there was any way to have dates from my contacts added to my calender.  IE  Birthdays and Anniversaries specifically.  I had a Blackberry before the Thunderbolt and it added them automatically....also put in birthdays from my facebook as well.

Any ideas or maybe an app that would do this for me? 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Adding events to the calender. Help Please
Dnakaman
Contributor - Level 1

I believe you have to do it from a computer, but you can log into your google calendar from a pc and go into the calendar settings to add info from your contacts.

There are some limitation as to what you can do, but it may be closer to what you are looking for.

Hope that helps

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

your contacts will have to be imported to google contacts first though. if you transfered your contacts from your bb to your tbolt, then they may have been added to the "phone contacts." to use google you will need to use "google contacts."

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

kjg wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if there was any way to have dates from my contacts added to my calender.  IE  Birthdays and Anniversaries specifically.  I had a Blackberry before the Thunderbolt and it added them automatically....also put in birthdays from my facebook as well.

Any ideas or maybe an app that would do this for me? 

Thanks.

Thanks to our forum members for the great input regarding contact's events and your calendar. In addition, I am please to provide you with instructions to automatically add your contact's events to your calendars.

From the desk version of your Google Calendar (not the mobile version):

Click on the Settings drop-down menu in the top-right corner of the page, and select Calendar Settings.

You will land in the General tab.

Move to the Calendars tab one option to the right.

Depending on how many personal Calendars you have, you may have to scroll down to see the list of Other Calendars.

Look all the way to the right, in line with the header, and click the Browse interesting calendars link.

Go to the More tab, and subscribe to the calendar called Contacts’ birthdays and events.

0 Likes