After ICS update, family contact group moved and answering call is difficult.
tootsie780

As always, after a major update, my Family Contact Group has been deleted from a Home Page. Always leaves the Favorites Group on a Home Page. (Don't really need or want that group.) This time I cannot move it back. Seems the menus are changed which normally allow this function. How do I put that group back on a home screen or rename it as Favorites and change the favorites to some obscure name or even to Family if that will let me have faster access to Family members? Thanks

BTW- how do you answer an incoming call ? So far I have had to call people back. Usual tutorials for ICS don't seem to apply to this upgrade. At least, not for my questions.

0 Likes
Re: After ICS update, family contact group moved and answering call is difficult.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For the widget, open the paint pallet icon. Select widget. Scroll down to People. Select the widget format you prefer. Select the group you want associated with the widget.

As far as answering a call, try the following. (not sure if it works yet myself). Touch the answer icon and drag it into the lock screen circle underneath the call icons (answer and end).

A swipe up of the lock ring might also answer the call too.

I have only had one incoming call (robo-call) since the change so I'm still figuring out that part too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: After ICS update, family contact group moved and answering call is difficult.
tootsie780

Paint Pallet does not have widgets, I opened all Apps and chose people but no format option on menu. Perhaps I am looking in wrong place. Also opened settings but no people widget there. I don't really want a widget. I would like the group of pictures of family as I now have automatically with the favorites. That was what I had prior to ICS.

I accidentally answered a call since my post. I believe I swiped the ring upward.  We'll see.

0 Likes