After ICS update, lock apps won't work
jennster
Enthusiast - Level 3

just got the ics update last night and now any applications to lock things (like my contacts, text messages, email) won't work...

did the update make some apps unusable? 

0 Likes
Re: After ICS update, lock apps won't work
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Some apps may not be compatible with ICS, you should contact the dev to be sure (via email address on Play Store page).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you demmo86rt for your response. I appreciate the time you take to help out.

@jennster,

A large update like Android 4.0 brings many changes all intended to bring enhancements to the user experience. However, as demmo86rt mentioned, many apps may not be compatible with ICS and may cause some issues. I recommend you perform a hard reset http://bit.ly/wLmjGs. This is recommended after an update this large.

Keep me posted if you need assistance after the hard reset.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lkk
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I'm still struggling, after a replacement phone and postings here.  Even Motorola based apps and Verizon apps are not working properly.  Not thrilled that retail was paid on phone and now have a refurb with splotches under the screen when dark, after I sent in a phone that was only a few months old and tech didn't know what was causing my issues which are the touchscreen erratic behavior.  I've hard, soft, reset, wiped the cache several times and am ready to just drop all the data because I can't type an email without looking like an idiot due to every keyboard having it's own mind regardless of settings, still I touch alarm, it opens text messages, try to enter phone numbers and it apparently adds # and * when and where it seems fit when I use the dialer, along with much more.  I'm very frustrated and angry. 

0 Likes