After ICS upgrade Phone is very slow to make a call
mqswalker2

After ICS upgrade , when I select a contact to call , and then press cell or home , the response time is very slow.

I have pressed the call button more than once thinking it did not take. Then when it does take I end up calling the person

more than once because it has buffered the calls . What can be causing this ?

If you have an answer Please email me at: Personal email address removed to comply with VZW ToS<     Thanks

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: After ICS upgrade Phone is very slow to make a call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mqswalker,

I'm extremely sorry to learn that your device is causing you issues after a recent software update. When it comes to software updates, these are meant to make the device function better and not worse. Let's get right to work and get this resolved for you. From personal experience it sounds like your device may have not taken the update correctly. to resolve this issue, we recommend completing a hard reset on the device to clear out any final bugs. To complete a hard reset, please follow the steps below.

Applications
Settings
Backup & Restore
Factory Data Reset

Please keep us posted after completing this process if you are still having issues, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
AcN_Rupert
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine and my wifes thunderbolts have become horrible since the upgrade was pushed.  Apps are slow, or don't even load some times.  Trying to make a phone call is sluggish and at times it will try to call twice at the same time for some reason.

however, i overlooked all of this because i liked the look of ICS.  then last week after being pushed two updates in a row, it now will just turn off at random times.  i can't even go to a webpage anymore because it will immediately crash.  better yet, when i try to reboot the phone, it will get to the point where it recognizes the verizon network, and then just shut off again.  this happened to me 8 times in a row the other day.  it will also say that the battery is in the red, even though it had a full charge before the crash.

i have found that if i plug my phone in and then boot it up, it will boot up correctly.  that is the only way i have been able to get it to actually boot up since all of this started happening.  it will still show the battery is about to die, and then about 15 minutes later it will show it is at 100% again.

i tried to do the chat with a reprensentative today and the guy was asking for my account password before he could look into my issue.  what kind of company asks for a password.  that is the dumbest thing i have seen.  so now, i have a phone that "sometimes" works, and online chat that reminds me of a scamming site. 

when my wife called to talk to someone they told her that it was htc's fault and that it would cost us $60 each to switch to new phones.  how is that customer service?  besides, verizon's network sent the update.  there is no way that they can try to say it wasn't their fault.  that isn't how the real world works.

i have reposted this from another thread, but since there seems to be someone from VZW reading this, perhaps some info can be found...

nbz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Every since all these updates, everything is so SLOW on my phone...making calls, using any apps, etc.  I noticed on my running apps prior to the updates I was using ~150MB...with the updates and using the same apps it now runs at 350MB.  Why do you insist on trying to fix things that aren't broken.  Whomever is at fault needs to fix this!  I did not choose for these updates, I was forced by Verizon so I think this is ridiculous that I now have a phone that is not working properly.  I pay how much a month for this horrible phone and my contract doesn't end until December!  Are you kidding me???  I am forced to pay for a phone service that you messed up.  Everything about Verizon is horrible...especially the customer service!!  As the post above, they want you to pay for an upgrade even though it is not the customer's fault.  They don't just want a new phone just for fun...it is not functioning due to an upgrade on Verizon's network.

0 Likes
cmsully7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also own a Thunderbolt and my service too has become horrible since the upgrade.  I have dropped calls when I can make calls.  The phone take up to 15 seconds before it calls. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi AcN_Rupert,

I truly feel your discontent! My daughter also has a Thunderbolt device and she had experienced similar issues after the software upgrade. I'd like to share that my daughter's phone post software issues were resolved by doing a factory reset http://bit.ly/NdQpOF please try it and keep us posted.  I see that you contacted our chat team for assistance and they asked for your account password; this done so they can access the account and verify proper account provisioning as well as device software information to better troubleshoot all issues.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
AcN_Rupert
Enthusiast - Level 2

I performed the factory reset.  I even did it a second time, just in case.  The phone is moving much quicker, but the crashing is even worse now.  I'm lucky if I can use an app for more than 5 minutes without it shutting off.  Just yesterday it started happening while on phone calls.  With us not having a seperate home phone, this is a big issue. 

My wife tried calling Verizon customer service and was told it would be $60 for us to upgrade our phones.  This was after Verizon blamed HTC and had her call them, and HTC blamed Verizon and had her call Verizon back.  There was also an offer of us mailing them our phones so that they could do a factory reset and send it back.  When she asked for loaner phones during this down time she was informed that isn't an option.

Our phones aren't up for upgrades until July, so it looks like we have to suck it up till then or shell out full price.  This seems ridiculous, since we didn't ask for this upgrade, and we weren't given an option to opt-out.

One of these 2 companies needs to step up and fix the issue that was caused by them, instead of passing the buck and screwing over the consumer.

0 Likes
chris_k1
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone also started having the same issues.  I thought it was a bad battery, but apparently not.  I had the same quick  discharge issues, multiple calls made issues, slow response time issues, etc.

I just did a factory reset, and nothing has changed.  It's still acting up in all the same ways.

There really should be a case study done about the HTC TB.  It is hands-down one of the worst smart phones ever produced--from the buggy software to the lack of updates/patches (or the grossly delayed patches that made the phone worse).  It has completely turned me off to HTC, and almost pushed me away from Verizon.  If I hadn't recently upgraded my wife's line and had a year left in our contract, I'd have been gone to AT&T.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Still using my Tbolt after two years of ownership.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
chris_k1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I envy you.  I, on the other hand, can't wait to get rid of the TB.

0 Likes