After an upgrade now I can't get texts on my thunderbolt any ideas why?
Mabs12

My phone was updated last night and now when I try to send/retrieve a text the screen says "please wait" and it appears to be working but nothing happens.  Why?

0 Likes
Re: After an upgrade now I can't get texts on my thunderbolt any ideas why?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The text messages are being re-formatted into a new display system. It might take a while. If you look at some of the other discussions in this community, you can see some of the steps other users did to view their messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
morlin71

What does the red CL next to your name mean?  Do you work for Verizon?  Because this answer was not helpful.  I've attempted them all.  And the one phone still won't open texts.  This seams like an issue that Verizon needs to be involved in.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Community Leader

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/769386

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Mabs12

Sorry you are having same issue, this stinks!  I did speak w/ a guy at Verizon...he told me to do a factory reset because some of the apps I have may be interfering w/ my texts.  He didn't really convince me this was issue and I haven't tried it yet.  If you do a factory reset, make sure everything is backed up.

0 Likes
morlin71

Here is a quote from the CL thing you sent me. 

"Interacts well with admins, moderators and VZW Reps" 

is this not happening?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This discussion has users and customers posting in it. I haven't seen a VZW rep on this discussion yet. This forum is a peer to peer community forum.

PS, I do interact well with the admins, mods and occasionally the VZW reps. It just doesn't happen in the public view of the forum.

0 Likes
morlin71

Okey dokey

0 Likes
camato1999
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the upgrade my messaging is also frozen - says "please wait" with a circle . . . it has said this for over 24 hours now.  I have restarted the phone MANY times, taken the battery out, etc etc.  Nothing.  I have been receiving text msgs all day, but have only been able to see them if I am holding the phone when it comes in and I catch what it says across the top msg bar.  I have been able to get into the msg center via voicemail to try to adjust settings, but it doesn't let you clear out cache or anything from the settings menu and it doesn't let you into the MMS or SMS tabs without freezing again.  I have turned off messaging from my app administrator under phone's settings in hopes of shutting down and circular processing or sneaking into the message center when a new msg comes in, but that doesn't do anything either.  I have been able to go into my contacts and select a specific contact and send them a msg to them from there.  It then brings me into that person's text msg history but won't let me into the main text msging menu after.  I have been able to see individual's incoming msgs this way (but that assumes I know who's msged me so that I can go into their contact and click to send them a msg form their contact and get into their msg thread), but I have not been able to see any msgs that come in from a group msg.   I have also been able to send msgs from my camera app (send a pic with a msg that way).  Ultimately though, I restarted the phone in "safe mode" to see if any of my other apps were interfering with the new update and messaging capability (to see if that was the problem or if it was in fact the update itself).  It didn't make a difference - it's a problem with the update.  In Safe Mode, I still was unable to get into text messaging.  I also called verizon and they told me to do a reset too, but I really don't want to do that and lose all the text msgs and have to re-install everything etc.  At that rate, I would rather just get a new phone.  I am in the process of backing up all of my text msgs just in case (there are a few good apps out there which will put them all on your SD card or transfer them to your gmail) . . . but I am HOPING Verizon fixes this upgrade soon b/c clearly rebooting the phone is not going to solve the problem . . . and I really need to be able to text msg by Monday for work!  We need a fix / patch Verizon!!!

0 Likes
Mabs12

This is exactly what my phone is doing...I just didn't take the time to articulate it the way you did, so thank you!  Did this just happen to you today?  My phone started acting up right when I turned it on this a.m.  I seriously am considering a new phone...this needs to be fixed.  I will patiently wait until tomorrow morning and if it isn't fixed I will go to Verizon and see if they can figure it out.  VERIZON HELP!!!!!

0 Likes