Re: After an upgrade now I can't get texts on my thunderbolt any ideas why?
camato1999
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, I went to another thread and I tried some other people's fixes . . . And I just got all my msgs back!  It is not worth the hard reset - don't do it! 

I turned off my screen's display "Sleep Mode" and plugged the phone in (so battery wouldn't drain).  A few other people said they left it on the "Please Wait" screen in msging and after 45 min, 10 Min (different for a few people) their msgs all came up.  I guess the screen has to be on for it to work its way through the msgs . . . and it takes a while for the new update to convert them all to its new format.  If you have a big history of txt msgs, just give it a while.  I was about to plug mine in with the screen on for the night and hope for the best in the AM but in only took about 10 minutes!  So happy.  Everyone says that once the msgs come back up, the msging feature works fine there on out.  Good luck.  Hope that works for you too!!!

0 Likes
Re: After an upgrade now I can't get texts on my thunderbolt any ideas why?
Mabs12
Oh geez...it worked!  So thankful to you for the help.  It was driving me nuts.  Glad I didn't listen to the guy at the Verizon store and do a factory reset.  I really appreciate it.
0 Likes