And on the 15th day.....
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

Maybe someone here can help, or by luck someone from VZ will see it and actually  be able to help me. Although I don't have my hopes high. 

15 days ago I got my TB, 16 today, but I was too mad to seek help on here yesterday. I'm coming from a Droid Pro. Since January I have los most service to my location. I used to have suburb service and never had a problem in all the 3+ years I have been with them. In January my phone started dropping calls, messages wouldn't send or receive, and I missed calls every.single.day... 

Fast forward to Sept 2nd. After VZ saying it has been documented in my area that coverage is marginal at best, I usually have 2 bars. I am (or was) allowed to get out of my contract for free. This isn't what I want, b/c anyway you look at it from what I've been told from other service providers VZ still shows the best coverage on there maps. But the tech support lady talked me into upgrading and trying a new phone, with new capabilities, maybe that would fix my problem. And I was given a network extender to make my service better in the house. But now what I've read online, and against what the tech support rep told me this thing will not just cause me to have better service from what I've read is this correct? 

Well now here are my problems. Texts wont send to ANYONE doesn't matter what network! I get error codes of Cause code: 65535 and a error class of 3. Sometimes I just get a 1 digit code for an error. This isn't the 1st time in the 16 days now this has happened. It almost daily.  And I know tihs is a known issue but some of my texts go to random people, random numbers that aren't in my phone! Even using handcent. 
I miss 95% of my calls. I am forever getting voice mails now. Even using a 3rd party messaging service it doesn't help. 

I've even done a factory reset, and it hasn't helped. 

At this moment I can't call out, and I have service!

Talked to a guy earlier, and he told me that on their coverage map it shows were considered really good service. Really? I would like to see what the best is lol. 

So I don't understand how every rep I have talked to over the past few months can say we have crap coverage, and the all of a sudden we have really good? 

Also when I'm on the phone and get a message and go to check it, the phone starts going black and then bacl to the regular screen over and over. 

So can someone please just help me understand?

EDIT: and I have all these problems when ever I get to a 4G network as well. 

And that freaking +1 I can't make it go away and most of the time can't talk or text those people. I have to go write their number down and then call them. I cannot go in and take the +1 out. 

0 Likes
Re: And on the 15th day.....
Wildman
Legend

Try contacting ChristinaB_VZW by PM she has been working with users having same issue at http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/HTC-Thunderbolt-SMS-error/td-p/479248/page/2

0 Likes
BBCrackman

I would actually take a look at having your local VZW store replace your sim card. There is a chance that could be your issue and even magnafied by the amount of coverage in your area.  I have seen with the TBolt, Charge and now the Bionic that the sim card is somewhat tempramental. Not saying that this is the case but it has happened each time with all three of my devices and each time I replace the sim card and my signal issues are rectified. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

ditto bbcrackman. it's worth trying a different tbolt and new sim card. if you have the same problems, then you may need to go back to an old school flip phone (they tend to get MUCH better reception, in my opinion). aside from these options, i would probably have some friends or family over, that use other carriers and see what "real world" testing shows (maps are just maps. if you want to see how sprint is at your house, have someone with sprint come over).

0 Likes
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

I said something about a new sim card to the guy that I spoke to from tech support. He told me they don't just give them out, and it wouldn't fix my problem anyway. 

So how would I get another sim card to try?

0 Likes
VZWExpert
Enthusiast - Level 3

Kyla1234 wrote:

I said something about a new sim card to the guy that I spoke to from tech support. He told me they don't just give them out, and it wouldn't fix my problem anyway. 

So how would I get another sim card to try?

Many stores have demo SIM cards they can test your device with, which is what I would recommend asking them to do. Just be careful where you go, as not all stores out there have demo units or reps that are knowledgeable enough to know how to test them.

Stores do not generally give SIM cards out for free because they do have a cost associated with them and stores have a limit on the number of SIM cards they can order, which is based on the number of 4G devies they order, so they don't normally have "extra" SIM cards they can burn. That's why most stores charge $9.99 for them, which is a fair price to pay. Customer service on the other hand should be able to send you a new SIM card if the issue is with the SIM.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Sim cards atleast at the stire are givin for free... if i need to troubleshoot i first somewhat look at the sim card.
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Store i ment
0 Likes
THNDRBLT22

Have you tried replacing the device itself? If under one year of owning it and the phone doesn't have water damage you can get a warranty exchange. VZw calls it a fru. Based on the fact that you have these issues when you are in a 4G network, Leads me to hink it is the phone.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Kyla1234

It sounds like you have been through quite a bit with your Thunderbolt  the past few days.

The network extender is designed to be a "mini cell tower" that you have in your home to improve cell coverage indoors with a 3G cell phone. At this time, there is not a network extender designed for 4G devices. 

I presume you had a trouble ticket submitted for your area to see why the service has been so shotty lately; is that correct? If the results to the trouble ticket tell us you are in a marginal coverage area, then is is likely for you to have signal fluctuation, no signal, or even low signal. 

I text quite a bit (in fact, I prefer it over speaking with someone) so I can imagine how pertinent it is for you to be able to text your friends/family/co-workers. With that being said, Regarding Cause code: 65535 and a error class of 3 I have heard of this issue and HTC is going to be releasing a software update to correct it. The cause of you not being able to send texts is because there is a 1 before the area code+number. 

Please go in to your contact list, remove the 1 before the area code & attempt to send a text. Let me know if that works. By chance, do you have Facebook on your phone where it is linking the facebook contacts into your address book on the phone? If so, facebook automatically adds the 1 before the area code. You can still use Handcent if you prefer, but you will still need to remove the 1 before the area code.

Again, please advise if this works for you.

0 Likes