Re: And on the 15th day.....
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Kyla1234 wrote:

I said something about a new sim card to the guy that I spoke to from tech support. He told me they don't just give them out, and it wouldn't fix my problem anyway. 

So how would I get another sim card to try?

Not shore about that. When i got my T-Bolt back in May, I was having a similar problem to yours. My signal was low, and I was only geting 3G service in my area that was suposed to be full 4G. in my case I was told I was right on the fringe of 4G service and woudl have to wait for 4G to expand in my area wich it eventualy did. The Cell signal being low thou they coudl not figuer out and i was advised that I might want to try swaping out the SIM card at the store. When I went to the store i told them what tec suport had told me and the guy ther swaped out my card I asked if it woudl coast me anything and he said "Bad Sim Cards are comen enuf that we keep a few in stock, and your phone wont' work with out it so there is no charge to replace it if it will get your phone working" Try going to a difrent VZW store and get your SIM card replaced (If that will help fix your problem) Also make shore they have the right SIM Card regestered for your phone when they swaped out mine they did not have the right one Activated and it efected how well my phone receved service.

0 Likes
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

Well I was never informed that the network extender wouldn't work with my phone when they sent them both to me.. 

But I did find a way to turn 4G off! And service has been a bit better, not great or what it used to be. 

The day after I posted this, I dropped my phone on our new floor. Carpet floors, mind you. The screen cracked and has 2 nice splits, still works thankfully. So once again, screwed b/c I wont pay the 100 to replace it. If I'm going to do that, then I might as well leave the company in general. 

I called HTC to complain. I mean why not? Quailty of the phone itself is on them. And the guy that I talked to say they can't just replace it b/c it's verizon. Any other carrier? sure send the phone in and we will replace the screen free of charge, but Verizon says we can't. 

there have been many trouble tickets, almost every rep that I have spoken with has always made a new one. I never hear anything back, and when I call they have no idea what I'm talking about. It's like I'm told it's documented, but then no one can find it.

I had to unsync Google on this phone for the +1 to go away. It was NEVER facebook like every rep had told me.  

And just a random question here.. Instead of troubleshooting the phone, and actually getting it to work, is the go-to to just swap the phone? If I have a problem with it. I'll do a battery pull, and if that doesn't fix it a factory reset. Then if I call in, that's all that can be done. Like there isn't a way to fix it EVER! So you just have to swap it out?

0 Likes
susieintheville

My Droid Pro sends texts to the wrong people! If I respond to a text, it will go to who knows???? My device picks someone...not good. One day I was fussing about one of my bosses, and it went to THE OTHER BOSS!! It's like pocket dialing, but I am sending something. The device just sends to the wrong person?? Anybody with ideas??

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

if you are using the stock messaging app, then try a 3rd party messaging app (i use handcent). i had the same problem for a couple of days and i installed handcent. i don't know if that's what actually fixed it, or if it's just a coincindence.....but i've used handcent ever since.

0 Likes