Another problem since update
xxmxracerxx

Since this recent update I have had a issue with WiFi.  It always says "error" immediately after I check the button.  I only use the phones software for enabling and disabling this feature.  During this update however it had a "unsuccessful" message.

Status message for update:

Source: Verizion Wireless

Name: Thunderbolt_2.11.605.9

Code: 410

Date: 12/18/11

Time: 12:15AM

Software Version: 2.3.4

HTC Sence version: 2.1

Software number 2.11.605.9

PRI Version 1.41_005, 1.64_002

PRL version 14010

ERI version 5

Kernel version: 2.6.35.10-g00f8966 htc-kernel@and 18-2 #1 Thu Oct 6 12:49:54 CST 2011

Baseband version: 1.48.00.0906w_1 0.01.78.0906w_2

Build number 2.11.605.9 CL206244 release-keys

Browser version: WebKit/533.1

When I try to look for updates again or to try to reinstall this update, it says no updates are available.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Another problem since update
Wildman
Legend

Try removing the setup connection and add them again because the update changed the radio and the Bluetooth stacks that are related to this feature and the old setting may be unsupported with the new configuration guidelines..

0 Likes
xxmxracerxx
It does not let me into the settings without the WiFi being turned on. And it doesn't even try to turn it on, just the error.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I know a hard reset will resolve this but I am trying to find another option...  Maybe clearing cache will help....  Try downloading 1-click cleaner from the market and try clearing the cache.   I would have you go to the app directly and clear it but I cant think of what apk controls the wifi connections..

Give "1-click cleaner" a try and see if it helps..

0 Likes
xxmxracerxx
I tried what you suggested and it cleared 38.6MB of data. Yet the problem is still there. I'd rather not do the master reset as I use this phone for work. It dont even say connecting to wifi. Even after restarting the phone - if i go into settings and automaticly shows error. There a way to retry the update and see if that fixes it?

I miss my droid x!
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

If the update is completed and installed the server will not attempt to update again, if you take it to the store they are most likely going to hard reset, my suggestion is to backup  all Apps,SMS, MMS and Call Histor with a app like MyBackup or Sprite Mobile and concider taking the plunge and save yourself the trip to store.

You may lose app settings but you will be back up and going...

0 Likes
xxmxracerxx

UPDATE:

Yesterday I kept getting weird android errors and it'd disable my phone entirely. So after a restart with removing the battery I went ahead and did the hard reset. It fixed the android errors, but the wifi still says error.

0 Likes