Anyone else have a haunted phone?
ruthiebaby88

My HTC Rezound has a mind of it's own when I plug it in to charge.  The screen freezes so I can't use it while plugged in.  It uses itself plenty however.  I have caught it browsing the web on several occasions.  One night it woke me up testing out different ring tones from a website and asking if I would like to download them.  This morning I was woken at the crack of dawn by a timer.  I wasn't even aware there was a timer on my phone so I certainly didn't set it.  I don't plug the phone in in my bedroom anymore since it wakes me up with it's nightly shenanigans, but the timer was so loud it woke me up from the other room. 

It's the craziest thing - I can't figure out how the phone could work by itself.  It's not anyone that lives with me since it happens even when no one is home.  It only happens when it is plugged in.

I did misplace the original charger after the first couple of months.  I have the same cord - but lost the part that plugged into the wall so I am using a generic plug with the original usb cord.  Don't know whether this could effect anything.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Any idea what could be causing it?

<Post moved from the to the for more exposure.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Anyone else have a haunted phone?
ruthiebaby88

Am I the only one this has happened to?

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

I have not had any of these type things happen but don't a lot of applications have extensive permissions. Perhaps you could try starting in safe mode first and then resetting to default if this doesn't alleviate the problem.

0 Likes
rcktdg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used to have an incredible that did that, and I thought it was the phone. When I upgraded to the rezound, I was surprised to run into the same thing. I got a different charger, and it completely solved the problem. So try a different charger before you factory reset or change out your phone and go through all that hassle.

0 Likes
Breezy2424

Well I am having the same issue and its not connected with the charger. My phone doesn't even wait for me to put it down before it starts calling ppl in my phone book, accessing my email and when I try to stop it the screen is frozen so I cant't. They always want you to factory reset the phone when I believe they know will not fix the problem.

This is the 6th Rezound I have had since December when I bought it. I should have gotten the iPhone 4s when I had the chance.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ruthiebaby88 and thank you to the community members for your input! This sounds like a software problem with your device. Try running the phone in safe mode http://tinyurl.com/9j37t6x  Let me know if this makes a difference. If so, there could be an application causing the problems with your phone.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes