Anyone else having problems connecting to computer?
MRW1215

I just got my Thunderbolt yesterday, and I wanted to put some music and videos on it. I connected it to my computer (I'm using Windows 7, 32-bit, for what it's worth), and the "Found new hardware" thing started to run. Then my computer suddenly got a blue screen error, and restarted. I read something about installing HTC Sync, so I downloaded that (and it seemingly came with some kind of generic drivers, I guess?) and connected my phone to the computer again. The "Found new hardware" thing started again, and once again, I got a blue screen error. 😕

Anyone else have this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

I suppose if nothing else, I can just insert the memory card into my computer, but it's going to be a pain if I want to frequenttly add/ remove stuff, because I have to pop out the battery to get the card out every time.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone else having problems connecting to computer?
Chubbs
Contributor - Level 1

Go to HTC's website and download/install the driver

http://www.htc.com/us/support/thunderbolt-verizon/downloads/

Click on- HTC Sync v 3.0.5511 for HTC ThunderBolt Follow the prompts from then on.

And then enjoy the thunderbolt, I know I am!

0 Likes
MRW1215

I'm pretty sure that's the same installer I used before, in which case, it didn't work.

0 Likes
mawhiteley

You can use the HTC Sync that someone else mentioned and when you plug your phone in with the provided cable, you need to pay attention tot he phone so that you can select the option you want, just charge battery, sync, etc. You have to make sure the HTC Sync is loaded up before you plug in your phone. Once I figured this all out, it worked fine, but you have to give permission on the phone for it to sync first. This isn't itunes we're using here...thank God! :smileywink:

0 Likes
ibanez737
Contributor - Level 1

What PC mode do you have it in.  When you go into settings > connect to PC, what is the default connection type?  Try setting it up to Disk Drive instead of HTC Sync.  It's usuall supposed to prompt you, but I've seen it doesn't sometimes.  Let me know if that does the trick.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you have UAC on and service pack 1 that's your problem.  On 2 of my 3 pc's at work UAC is on and HTC sync doesn't work.  The one that has UAC off while installing it works.  SP1 screwed something up with the UAC.

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

MRW1215,

Did you disable your firewall/virus protection when you downloaded the drivers from HTC?  Sometimes it effects the integrity of the download. Also did you just install windows download of IE9? I did and it messed up HTC Sync. I had to remove HTC Sync (add/remove programs) then reinstall.

DON'T FORGET TO RE-ENABLE YOUR VIRUS/FIREWALL AFTER DOWNLOADING THE DRIVERS!:smileywink:

0 Likes
CJREYES666
Contributor - Level 1

Disable your antivirus and disable your firewall it will screw your installation i did that mistake but now mine is running fine.

0 Likes