Re: Anyone else having problems with Rezound constantly turning on and off?
baxtju

mine keeps turning on and off  does any one know what i can do to stop it

0 Likes
baxtju

thnk you that worked great you are right about customer service

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I just posted a solution... in this thread.

0 Likes
dab2rew

Well mine didn't start rebooting until after the ice cream sandwhich update! This is really retarded!

0 Likes
JmpnJim

uninstalling Maps updates solves the rebooting problem.

also make sure you don't have maps on auto update or the problem will come right back (go into Google Play and My Apps)

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

This is old information, the newest version of Maps no longer causes reboots.

0 Likes
irenejd

I had the same problem and it started right after ICS loaded.  I called Verizon several times and on the fifth try, I was escalated to 'real' Tech Support and we solved the problem.  My problem was that I would try to use Maps and a couple of other apps and the phone would immediately reboot.  Also, none of the apps were getting updated.

It is not a Maps issue.  The problem was that when I got ICS, it seemed to wipe out my Google ID.  In order to use the updates you must set up an account at the Google Play Store.  We did that and everything worked just fine from that point on.  It's too bad the first several reps didn't catch on to this because it definitely puts a bad taste in my mouth about VZN support.

I do have another issue which may or may not be apparent to most of you.  I cannot keep in the correct time zone when I am travelling.  It zips back and forth between zones and I cannot rely on the time to be correct.  I talked to this same tech about it and he said that VZN is aware of the problem and is working on a fix.  Yeah, I know...likely story, huh?  But he was so good with the rebooting issue that I actually believed him.  On top of that, when I first called about the time and rebooting issue, one of the original techs I talked to worked with me for an hour thinking it was fixed.  He said he'd call back the next day to see if my time issue was fixed.  Of course...no call.  And he never looked in the VZN work log, like this other tech did.  When I got this great tech, I told him how frustrated I was with Wayne, the previous tech, and he wrote an email to Wayne's supe and copied me because he was frustrated with the service as well.  I choose to believe he did all this and was not just giving me lip service.  He solved my problem and maybe this will help someone too, with their Apps issues and rebooting.

For the record:  I love my Rezound.  The issues aren't with the phone.  The biggest dislike and frustration I have is with Verizon forcing their apps on me, obviously because they get paid to put them on the phone.  The problems I had with my

phone are VZN issues interfacing with the OS, not the phone.  I'm pretty happy with the Rezound.  Now, I just need to learn about rooting which, I believe, get those darned apps off my phone!

Hope this helps someone!

0 Likes
LindaT

Make sure under developer options, under Apps it does not have Don't Keep activities check marked. That will keep it going on and off each time you leave an app.

LTreggett
0 Likes