Anyone using a Glass Screen Protector?
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

I've been considering what type of screen protector to use on my HTC One and I've been researching the various tempered glass options. The ones I've found so far all say that the protector will only work on phones with Software Number 1.29.709.12 and later. My handset is showing that it is currently on 1.10.605.8

From what I've read the newer software versions have an update that addresses a touchscreen issue and allows the tempered glass protectors to be compatible.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone using a Glass Screen Protector?
GeorgeCT
Contributor - Level 2

From the HTC One's web site...(https://support.htc.com/en-uk/005-HTC_One/010/080)

Updating your phone's software

Overview

HTC One can check and notify you if there’s a new update available. You can also manually check if there's an available update.

Installing a software update

When Internet connection is on and there's a new software update available, the update notification icon File:/GUID-72378328-05E1-484C-9F3D-1BC0F9D25F36-web.png appears in the status bar.
  1. Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap the system update notification.
  2. If you don't want to download the update using your data connection, select Update over Wi-Fi only.
  3. Tap Download.
  4. When download is complete, select Install now, and then tap OK.

After updating, HTC One will restart.

Installing an application update

When Internet connection is on and there's an available update for your  HTC or mobile operator apps, the update notification icon File:/GUID-72378328-05E1-484C-9F3D-1BC0F9D25F36-web.png appears in the status bar.
  1. Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap the update notification.

The Updates screen opens with the list of application updates to be installed.

2. Tap an item to view its details, and then tap File:/GUID-FA5D9997-3F47-4827-BD6D-E3C22FFC4FBB-web.png.
  3. When you're done reviewing the updates, tap Install. You'll be asked to restart HTC One if needed.

Checking for updates manually

1. Go to Settings, and then tap About.
  2. Tap Software updates. HTC One checks if updates are available.
Note: If you don't have Internet connection, you'll be prompted to turn on  mobile data or connect to a Wi-Fi network. Once connected, tap Check now to check for updates.
0 Likes
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks for the reply but I am really just trying to figure out if anyone is using a tempered glass screen protector and if so how it is working.

0 Likes
GeorgeCT
Contributor - Level 2

carseller0822 wrote:

Thanks for the reply but I am really just trying to figure out if anyone is using a tempered glass screen protector and if so how it is working.

Ohhhh...

I would be using the Spigen Glas t R SLIM whenever Verzion gets the One in stealth black.

I already bought the case and protector.

I also read that it does work better with the updated software.

Are you having issues?

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

My wife has the Spigen Glas t nano installed on her S4 and it works great. The screen sensitivity is not compromised and it reduces fingerprints quite a bit, not to mention it is smoother than the phones display.  I installed the protector on her phone and it basically installed itself without the need for rubbing out air bubbles you would get on plastic products.  It is a fantistic screen protector.

0 Likes
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

haven't gotten it yet. I should have it this week. if the touch capabilities aren't optimal with the protector then I'll probably break down and buy an otterbox.

0 Likes
MugenPower

Please let us know if this works for you.  I sent an e-mail to Spigen last week to ask about this and they never responded to me.

0 Likes
macri
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been using the Spigen Glas tR slim with software version 1.10.605.8 on my HTC One and have zero issues. No loss of sensitivity at all.