Application Security and Phone Information Sharing
Davet18

I'm thinking about a ThunderBolt and would like to know if there are permissions for APPSs to access my contacts lists or other phone data.  I have a BB Storm 2 and like the fact that each application has it's own set of permissives.  Since I have 300+ business contacts in my contacts list I don't ever let applications share my contacts.

Does anyone know if the APPs for the Thunderbolt have the same type of security.

Dave T

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Application Security and Phone Information Sharing
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your feedback. Adding to what was stated, the pre installed applications would not compromise your contacts. Depending on what your using, an application can have permissions or setting related to your set up to according to your preferences. Please review the application before selecting it and if available, to set up the desired security level of your contacts.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am unsure of the exact permissions on the preinstalled stock apps on the phone.  You look at the permissions for the apps on the market if you go to https://market.android.com/ search for some apps that you think you could use.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Davet18

Thnaks, I figured that out when surfing market android.com.  But I'm concerned about the preinstalled APPs.   I try to protect my clients email addresses so I try to never give permission to my personal information, contacts and calanders.

I'll probably call Verizon tomorrow and see how permissions are set on the phone before I buy it.  I may have to stay with the BB.   I don't think people really know how much information they are really sharing through APPs.

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your feedback. Adding to what was stated, the pre installed applications would not compromise your contacts. Depending on what your using, an application can have permissions or setting related to your set up to according to your preferences. Please review the application before selecting it and if available, to set up the desired security level of your contacts.

0 Likes