Apps that cause thunderbolt to randomly restart/shutdown
tomtom2234

I have noticed that since I downloaded the speedtest.net app that my phone has been restarting on its own. After uninstalling the app my phone has yet to restart (Its been 4 days since unstinalling / last restart)

0 Likes
Re: Apps that cause thunderbolt to randomly restart/shutdown
ninfanintn

Well, I'll try it.  My TB has been shutting off 3-5 times a day over the last few weeks.  So, I'll uninstall Speedtests app and see what happens tomorrow and let you know...

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Ya know, the day I was sayig how I have the update and never a reboot, then it rebooted, I had loaded speedtest. But then again, I am on 22 hours of up time with 4 hours of use with 38% battery left without  a reboot. But I am going to dump the app.

Thanks!.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i have the app and no reboots, but i also don't have the OTA update. not sure if that matters.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2
Yeah i've used the app since the thunderbolt came out and haven't had any reboots. And no problems now with gingerbread and the MR2 radio. :smileyvery-happy:
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I have the application and the update. I have also had days where I have some reboots and I have had days where I not had a reboot. Currently sitting at 27 hours since the phone was last turned on (after a random shutoff). Before that I know that I was on 85 hours since the last time I started the phone. There was another 6-10 hours on top of the 85 hours when the phone turned off, but I hadn't checked the boot time around that time. For the math, 85 hours equals approximately 3.5 days. So I was close to four days without a single reboot of any sort.

Not uninstalling. Had the application before, during and after the update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ninfanintn

Well, the phone has shut off on me twice today, so I don't believe it's related to the app.  Speedtest will get re-installed.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Everyone, 

We are aware of the issues causing the Thunderbolt to reboot on its own. At this time I don't believe that application is causing everyone's reboot issues, since not every device we have tested has that application. But if you install any application and the issue starts after that, it is best to uninstall. This can happen with any application that may be incompatible with the device. We are still investigating this issue and working on a permanent resolution. 

0 Likes