Audio problems with Rezound, post software update
tkenneyjr

Hi All,

I had my Rezound for about a month before the firmware upgrade and never experienced any issues with audio playback through my headphones.  However, since my phone was updated I'm getting consistent audio glitches.  There are two types that I've noticed.  The first is a high pitched whine that last for 2-10 seconds before fading out; this has happened consistently since the update.  The second is a wave of static that's gets louder and messier until I pull out my headphones and I noticed this yesterday for the first time.  I thought the firmware update was in part going to fix the Rezound's audio problem.

Has anyone else had these audio issues since the firmware update?

Is this currently a fixable problem?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Audio problems with Rezound, post software update
DharmaDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also had no problems whatsoever prior to the update, including no audio issues. I have also recently noticed audio problems post update.  These problems seem to be very intermittent and I haven't been able to connect their appearance to anything specific.  I have noticed 2 problems, the wave of static problem and also a loud "click" that is very noticeable but kind of in the background.  I'm ready to pursue other avenues of resolution for all the problems with this phone which I originally loved!!  Verizon's answer is "you're stuck with it" or "we're working on it" or "we will send you a used phone" (so I can enjoy experiencing the same problems on a phone from who knows where with who knows what history after paying $300 dollars just 2 months ago)!!  I am so tired of having to deal with the boot-looping problem!!!  Why is it acceptable to sell or create a defective pricey electronic device with complete impunity?  This would not be acceptable and would result in immediate and consequential retaliation in my career!  Any one want to discuss what we might be able to do?

0 Likes
jeight

just wanted to post that I am having a similar issue with my phone regarding to weird pitch/static/click noises when I am listening to music.  It is weird because it comes and goes.  Would love if verizon/HTC can help with a solution with this.

0 Likes
dbzmaxx

I'm having issues with bluetooth on my Rezound.  Seems to have started after OTA update as no one complained before.  My voice sounds like static on the other end.  Everyone mentioned it that I called in the week after the update took place.

0 Likes