Battery Issues Since Firmware Maintenance Upgrade 2.11.605.9 on December 23
Beck763

Since the firmware upgrade, battery life limited to about 1/2 day.  Calendar is using 52% and HTC Dialer was using 57% before I did a hard reboot.  Had to pull the standard battery and put in the extended battery.  Any thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: Battery Issues Since Firmware Maintenance Upgrade 2.11.605.9 on December 23
Wildman
Legend

What do you mean hard reboot, are you meaning you hard reset the device back to stock?

0 Likes
Beck763
Sorry, bad choice of words. Did a battery pull to reboot. Plot thickens. Extended battery down about 1/3 after 3 hours. Only things using battery are calendar, and display, which is set to automatic. Also, phone getting very hot like something continuously running, but not evident in running apps. Hope Vz Support reads this ...
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Sounds like a stray application to me, try installing System Panel and run the system monitoring app for a few hours and look and see what appears to pulling more load than normal and try uninstalling the app...

0 Likes
Beck763
I'll do that, but there was no problem before the firmware update. Coincidence? I don't think so.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Beck763 wrote:
I'll do that, but there was no problem before the firmware update. Coincidence? I don't think so.

I understand this but the one thing that users dont consider, a new OS means usually code changes that makes a application that function fine on the previous OS to malfunction because it isnt supported or tested and the developer hasnt updated the app for compatibility...

Concider it like going from Windows Vista to Windows 7, they both appear to the same but under the UI is a total modified interface that old apps cant work on because it doesnt know what to access or change..   A number of applications that worked on Vista wasnt compatible with Windows 7 and this is a simular situation...

This is why I hard reset a device before doing any new OS upgrades to avoid this just issue...   But its just me..

Hope System Panel helps.

0 Likes
kramark1

I am noticing battery life issues after this upgrade as well.  I went to bed at 3AM with 50% battery life.  Woke up at 9:30 AM and battery was drained completely dead.  That should've never happened.

I installed the system monitor program and will report back.

0 Likes