Black Screen -- Screen stays black after a call, power button does not reactivate screen.
random64
Contributor - Level 2

I'm having the following problems with the screen not re-activating after it goes blank during a call.  Does anyone else experience these and/or have a solution?

Note, my proximity detector is not covered and doesn't appear to be obscured in any way.

Most of the time I can re-activate the screen by pressing the "power" key, which is important if I need the keyboard to enter my voicemail password, or navigate a menu.  But often, the power key will not reactivate the screen, and then I can't even hang up the call!

Worse, the screen will go blank after I hang up the call then the screen won't re-activate on pressing the power key and I can't even power off the phone unless I do:

a) remove the battery.

b) plug in the usb.

I have the GB update and no other issues.

0 Likes
Re: Black Screen -- Screen stays black after a call, power button does not reactivate screen.
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1

I have the same problem to.

0 Likes
Re: Black Screen -- Screen stays black after a call, power button does not reactivate screen.
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello random64 & Paul77,

Having to go through this with your Thunderbolt sounds like a pain!  I would like to help.

First, to determine what's causing these problems with your device, when did this start happening?  Did you notice after installing any particular applications?  I would suggest testing your device in "Safe Mode", this way we can see if this could be an application related issue.  If you notice it's working normally in Safe Mode, then I would suggest uninstalling the latest applications downloaded just before problems noticed.  Then I suggest soft resetting your device.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1

Well Anthony it happed a few times yesterday and I just got this phone last week and I have not put on any of the apps I used to have other Facebook and speedtest. But speed test and face book was just added today. And I had these issues on Monday and Tuesday.

0 Likes
random64
Contributor - Level 2

Anthony,

I'll try the safe mode trick.  It may take a while to verify because I don't make a lot of calls and the issue is intermittent.

Thanks.  If I notice any improvement, I'll report back.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Good Afternoon Paul77,

Have you tried running the device in Safe Mode or a soft reset like Anthony suggested? Additionally, are you also running the latest software version? The latest version is: 2.11.605.5; Baseband: 1.48.00.0906w_1, 0.01.78.0906w_2

• From the main screen, touch Menu
  • Touch Settings
  • Touch About Phone
  • Touch Software Information
  • Information Displays

JonathanK_VZW

VZW Support

Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1

I'm guessing u missed the part on where I said I just got this phone last week. And noooooooooo(sarcastically) I have not check to make sure I'm current. And I'm guessing u missed that the guy said he don't make a lot of phone calls so he won't know for a while if it worked. And being that this don't happen all the time its hard to get fixed. I like how all the solutions are always reset the phone. Don't matter if its at&t or sprint or Verizon it have u tried resetting your phone.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Good Evening Paul77,

If you have verified the software is up to date and tried safe mode, a hard reset may be the best option. If the problem on your device becomes more frequent, the device can be replaced under warranty.

JonathanK_VZW

VZW Support

Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1

IT'S ALREADY BEEN REPLACED. PAY ATTENTION AND IT IS STILL HAPPENING.