Bounces between 4G, 3G, 1x, Nothing
rajko

I have had my Rezound for a little over a year, for the first 10 months it worked great. The last few months I have had trouble maintaining a data connection. The connection fluctuates between a solid 4G connection to no connection at all, within the same locations. Sometimes I will go weeks with no problems, then for several days it will constantly fluctuate. It seems to be getting worse and more frequent.

I have reset my phone back to factory settings before, which did not help. I also replaced the back cover and battery, which seemed to help initially but it is back to doing it again now. I have the latest software updates.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Bounces between 4G, 3G, 1x, Nothing
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could you be in an area where Verizon Wireless is still working on expanding the 4G LTE network? I notice my phones tended to bounce around the data connection during those times.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rajko

I initially thought it was the network, but I'm in Houston and if everyone

were having these issues, I'm sure I would be able to find

something about it! I read some somewhat similar issues that were resolved

by exchanging the sim card, so I may try that.

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

the attena in the rezound is the back battery cover. You may have dammaged it. You can ohm check all the connectors on the back to make sure there isn't a broken pair. or if you don't have a metter see if you can order a new back they aren't two expensive Solved my wifes issues when she was having the same problem.

0 Likes
rajko

I replaced the battery cover and it did the same thing. Went to a store to

see if they would swap the sim card but they ended up just replacing the

unit, I received it yesterday. I've had a solid 4G connection all day.

Problem solved, so I guess it was the phone itself, not the sim card or the

cover or the network.

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 3:44 PM, BakerGeckos

0 Likes
rajko

I should clarify, I kept the same battery cover and sim card!

0 Likes