Browser quick controls & grammatical pop up - HTC rezound Ice Cream Sandwich
erlen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found a list of 20 new options for Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 on the web http://www.techradar.com/us/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/20-android-ice-cream-sandwic...

How do I add web browser quick controls to HTC rezound now that I have downloaded ice cream sandwich 4.0?  I cannot find the lab section.See below:

1. Add quick controls to the browser

One of the options buried beneath the Labs section of Android 4.0's web browser is the Quick Controls option. This adds a pop-out menu to the browser, which pulls in a little semi-circular collection of shortcuts to the main browser features, removing the URL bar and giving you more screen to play with. Also, holding down the Back button is the Android standard way of bringing up the bookmarks and history tool, too. But that's been around for years.

Also....

How do i bring up punctuations on the screen keyboard as stated below?  The instructions say to hold down stop button.

17. Type like an adult

Make a stand for grammatical standards in this day and age by long-pressing on the stock Android 4.0 keyboard's full stop button. This brings up such doomed punctuation as commas and speech marks, plus even a semicolon for the extra brave mobile typist.

0 Likes
Re: Browser quick controls & grammatical pop up - HTC rezound Ice Cream Sandwich
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You do have to remember that HTC has built their Sense UI into their version of the Android 4.0 ICS operating system.  It is possible that these portions weren't not used in the HTC version.

As for the stock android keyboard, a long press of the "period" button will get you the punctuation marks.

Sometimes it helps to sit a play with the keyboard whether long pressing keys or digging through the various options can help you find all the features offered.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Browser quick controls & grammatical pop up - HTC rezound Ice Cream Sandwich
erlen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Ann!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Ann is correct here, HTC uses their own browser and keyboard and it's very likely that these features were not included.

0 Likes