Built-in Timer Duplicate Notifications
Fractal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone else notice when the built-in timer goes off, you'll get a second notification some time later?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Built-in Timer Duplicate Notifications
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your feedback. Adding to what was stated, perhaps your alarm is set with a snooze function where your re notified of an alarm. Perhaps you can use these steps to check and/or change your alarm settings:

You can change their settings by tapping the HTC Clock widget on the Home screen. Then tap the Alarms tab. On the Alarms screen, press MENU and then tap Settings. Also check the Snooze duration to set how long to snooze between alarms. Side button behavior and choose what happens to the alarm when pressing the side button (VOLUME UP/DOWN) of your phone.

You can dismiss the alarm or disable the button. The side button works only when the phone’s screen is not locked. While on the lock screen, tap the onscreen Snooze button to snooze, or slide down the screen to dismiss the alarm.

You can also check out our  website where you can refinance your device for additional assistance. Here is a link to the website: 

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5636&m 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

the built in timer for what? like an alarm? you may have whatever you are using set up with a "reminder"???

0 Likes
Fractal
Enthusiast - Level 3

No.  On the home screen when you tap the clock, you are brought to the Desk Clock screen.  The timer I'm referring to is when you tap on the hourglass icon.

0 Likes
thomjwilson
Enthusiast - Level 3

I noticed it too. And unlike a reminder, its completely random... 5 mins later, 2 hrs later...

Maybe its a setting, but I can't fix it. Help...

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

if you only touch the screen then the timer will continue and the beepin will go off again. if you "drag down" the lock/slider then it will dismiss the timer and you can back out and no more beeps. at least...that's how it works on mine??

0 Likes
thomjwilson
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will give that try at lunch. I suppose it is the simple fact that I wasn't paying attention. Thanks....

0 Likes
Fractal
Enthusiast - Level 3

No.  This happens when the phone is "active" and not locked.  This occurs when the pop-up window appears with the "Dismiss" button, and I push the button.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

that's what i'm saying. you don't "push" anything to dismiss it. you have to "drag" the slider down to "dismiss" it. touching/pushing the ok on the screen will not dismiss it.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

ohhh...i see. if the screen is still awake then it will pop up with "dismiss." if the screen has timed out then when it goes off the slider appears to dismiss, but another icon is below the slider that you can touch. 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

AZSALUKI wrote:

that's what i'm saying. you don't "push" anything to dismiss it. you have to "drag" the slider down to "dismiss" it. touching/pushing the ok on the screen will not dismiss it.

There's nothing to drag.  It's different for when the screen is on and when the screen is off.  An incoming call works the same way.  I just tried it with the screen on and hit the Dismiss button.  Now I'll see if I get another notification.  I'm running updated firmware so the issue may not be on mine if there is one.

0 Likes