Called HTC and VZW, still no help on an update
boltuser88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, just last night I spoke with reps from both HTC and Vzw and neither were able to help me get the newest update on my Thunderbolt. I purchased the phone within the first two weeks when it first came out. I currently still have Android version 2.2.1 with the 1.70.605.0 build and software number. Both reps from each company said they were not able to push the update to my phone. Vzw only suggested sending me a new phone but I have seen others, with the same problem, get ther issue resolved without having sent a "new" (refurbished) phone. So that is why i am here to see if one of the _VZW employees could help me out. Thank you in advance for any advice you may have.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Called HTC and VZW, still no help on an update
boltuser88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got my issue resolved finally. Unfortunately I ended up backing up my phone and doing a factory reset. When it was done and loaded, I checked for new software and the build ending in .5 was prompted to download. The new software downloaded and after that the newest build, ending in .9, was sent to my phone also. So I am good to go with that issue. Hope this works for others that have had this problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
boltuser88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just left the Verizon store and all they could tell me was to replace the phone because they "have never pushed or been able to put in a request for a user/update". Im sure if they had people working there that actually knew the ins and outs of what they sold, this would go alot smoother for many!

With that said, I'm hoping for a rep on here to see this and be willing to help me out.

Thanks!

0 Likes
enetico

There are ways to update it manually but you will lose all your data but it will update the phone to the latest software. if you are interested go to xda-developers.com

0 Likes
boltuser88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am about to backup my phone now just in case I end up doing something like that. I will definitely check it out though. Thanks!

0 Likes
boltuser88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got my issue resolved finally. Unfortunately I ended up backing up my phone and doing a factory reset. When it was done and loaded, I checked for new software and the build ending in .5 was prompted to download. The new software downloaded and after that the newest build, ending in .9, was sent to my phone also. So I am good to go with that issue. Hope this works for others that have had this problem.

0 Likes
enetico

glad to see it got resolved

0 Likes